We are looking for registered nurses to join our School Nursing teams in Northampton, Daventry and South Northants. Our successful applicants will be part of our growing Universal Children's Service offering an opportunity to join them in providing excellent evidence based care and support for children, young people and their families.
If you are motivated, enthusiastic and flexible and looking for a challenging role in which no two days are the same, we want to meet you!
We need nurses who can work well with children, young people, families and other professionals, who are adaptable and innovative and who enjoy working autonomously and as part of a team. Core areas of clinical delivery will relate to assessing children and young people's holistic health and wellbeing, partnership working, safeguarding and promoting:
Main duties of the job
- Children's continence
- Children and young people's emotional wellbeing
- Healthy sleep
- Emotional & behavioural co-regulation with parents/carers
- Healthy lifestyles
- Healthy growth and development
- Sexual health
The post holder will be working in an integrated skill mix team that includes Practice assessors, Specialist School Nurses, Health Visitors, Nursery Nurses and School Nurse Assistants.
Our service users are at the heart of our service delivery and we listen to the child's voice at all times. We involve children and families in decision making and aspire to deliver a truly co-produced 0-19 service.
The post holder is expected to support a range of service delivery under direct and indirect supervision of a SCPHN School Nurse or Health Visitor. You must be able to prioritise needs to ensure efficient service delivery.
This is achieved by working within local cluster areas that enable practitioners to have an enhanced knowledge of their local community and its public health needs.
Community Staff Nurses are expected to participate in leading a full range of interventions across the 0-19 age ranges which includes but is not limited to: in-depth health assessments, immunisations, health education, sexual health advice and assessment, leading group psycho-education including wellbeing workshops, parent and child interventions, continence clinics, well-being interventions and drop in services.
You will be supported in practice by an administration hub that provides a single point of contact for the 0-19 service.
The 0-19 service values staff development and you will be supported with training and development to help you to achieve your potential.About us
NHFT is an integrated primary care and mental health Trust, providing physical, mental health and specialty services in both hospital settings and out in the community. Because we put the person at the centre of all we do, we focus on delivering care that is as easy to access as possible. This means many of our services can be provided at home, work or in schools.We also provide health services to various prisons and detention centres in Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information on the advertised role, please refer to the job description located under the Supporting Documents heading. The full person specification can be accessed under the About You Section of the document. Person SpecificationQualifications & EducationEssential
- Registed Nurse
- Evidence of CPD
Knowledge & experienceEssential
- Evidence of teaching & mentoring
- PSHE Quaification
- Contraception knowledge/experience
- Team & interagency working
- Awarenss of clincial supervision
- Awareness of children & young people's nurse role
- Awareness of Health Promotion
- Understanding of clincial governance, audit & quality
- Awarenss of issue impacting on young people
- Awarensss of child protection issues
- Understanding of supervision in practice
- 2 years post reg experience
- Previous experience of community working
- Experience of deivering immunisations
- Awareness of child developement
- Awareness of health inequalities
- Experience of teaching/facilitating groups
- Experience of working with children and thier families
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Flexibilty to meet the needs of the service
- Car driver with ability to travel county wide
Northamptonshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.