Do you have a creative side and are passionate about the NHS?
We are expanding our team and seeking an experienced person to undertake the role of Strategic Analyst for Planned care within the Information Analysis Team. They will lead for the department and health board in strategic modelling, planning of waiting time recovery for our patients and services and forecasting future capacity requirements while developing innovation in ways of working in these areas.
This is an exciting opportunity as we look to expand the team's capabilities and capacity for planned care analysis, modelling and forecasting. The person will work with us as we look to build and shape a small team of analysts who will be dedicated
to supporting planned care for our patients.
We are looking for a self-starter, motivated to make a difference to patient care. You will need to have excellent mathematical skills, curious and with a passion for helping others. The successful candidate will need to be able to explain and remove the fear of complex data for a wide cross section of staff and win colleagues over using your creative and innovative skills.
We offer a full induction and training package, flexible working hours and good future career opportunities.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.Main duties of the job
The post-holder will be based at Betsi Cadwaladr and will support Planned Care and the recovery programme.
Key duties include,
- Working with local teams in planned care sites to enhance their understanding and use of Capacity & Demand modelling and planning in relation to Planned Care services and related areas
- Working with and/or developing a model or models that will assist the organisations with their Capacity and Demand plans as well as to inform central stakeholders
- Working on the formalisation of solutions to address issues relating to the imbalance of Demand and Capacity within Planned Care units throughout North Wales
- Work with the Operational and Strategic leads to ensure that resources are allocated to areas of highest need or risk to positive patient outcomes.
- Provide evidence based, targeted opportunities for investment to resolve issues of national capacity shortfall
- Supporting the Head of Planned Care in ensuring the dissemination and use of consistent best practice principles for the application of Demand & Capacity planning and modelling throughout the Organisation
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients. The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need, in line with our Organisational Values and 'Proud to Lead' competence framework.
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the Disability Confident Employer scheme.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationSkillsEssential
- Advanced IT skills with high level of experience of using Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience of statistical analysis of highly complex information
- Experience of planning workload independently and managing staff
- Ability to manage complex and varying workloads whilst delivering to often tight timescales
- Experience of providing specialist advice on highly complex information issues
- Experience of negotiation and motivation skills
- Experience and understanding of data quality issues
- High level of understanding of NHS Wales policy and DU role within health and social care agenda
- Knowledge of SQL and / or Power BI
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent relevant experience
- Relevant experience to Master degree level or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of NHS services and information systems
- Experience of providing and presenting highly complex information to clinicians and senior managers (including at board level)
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience of developing information systems and new information solutions
Freedom to ActEssential
- Experience of influencing and / or supporting policy development
- Significant operational management experience in informatics
- Experience of working autonomously using own discretion
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to promote the Organisation at all times
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardAddress
Bangor / Abergele / Wrexham
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.