This post is being advertised pending Royal College approval
This is an exciting opportunity for a full time (10PA) Consultant in General Adult Psychiatry to work in the Bolsover and Clay Cross neighbourhood Community Mental Health Team. This is a new post as the sector has been reorganised to add a 3rd Consultant to the existing 2 in the team.
This post offers a varied job working closely with the multidisciplinary team. We put a high emphasis on quality of care, peer support and on clinical engagement in service development and management. We will welcome candidates who bring an enthusiasm for innovation, teaching and development and can work closely with colleagues from different professional backgrounds.Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will take a key role in the Department of General Adult Psychiatry, providing clinical leadership to the teams with which they will be working and supporting current and future service developments.
The Consultant will work closely with their medical and non medical colleagues from the locality community, inpatient and liaison services and local specialist services to support crisis referrals and assessments and post discharge home treatment.
Please enquire about our generous relocation package.
Why not grow your career in a Trust that cares and puts people first we are able to offer an excellent well supported training package, supervision and an appraisal to support career progression opportunities. This will include exceptional peer support and allocation of a responsible officer for revalidation purposes.About us
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPLEASE NOTE: Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an accountPerson SpecificationqualificationEssential
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 33 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 35 days after 7 years service in the grade.
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBTI+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
- MB BS or equivalent mediacl qualification
- Fully registered with GMC with license
- Approved clinician status
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent knowledge of speciality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Ability to work in and lead a team
- Participated in research and service provision
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Old Vicarage
The Old Vicarage, High Street,
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.