We are current implement our replacement Electronic Patient Record (System C Care Flow), and are appointing Configuration Specialists who will work with the implementation team to design, configure, test and maintain the system.
The Configuration Specialists analyse system requirements, implement and document local configuration changes.
**This role will be required to work both remotely (from home) and at The RJAH Hospital site**Main duties of the job
During deployment, the post holders will participate in and receive outputs from the Functional Design Groups, other Apollo working groups and workshops, completing the required local configuration to enable the system to support agreed workflows.
Following Go Live, post holders will receive authorised change requests and complete local configuration changes, initially in a test environment prior to agreed release into the LiveEnvironment.
Post holders will also support Change Leads and Workstream Leads with the timely and comprehensive mapping of existing clinical pathways to future ways of working, the design of newpathways to take advantage of the transformation opportunities provided by the introduction of the EPR solution and any associated EPR design or re-design.About usThe Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic NHS Trust (RJAH)
is one of the leading orthopaedic hospitals in the country, with some of the highest levels of staff and patient satisfaction, as well as a strong reputation for research and innovation.
Joining RJAH is more than just a job - we want our people to have the best opportunities to thrive in their role.We have a range of fantastic staff benefits on offer to everyone who joins RJAH and you'll have access to outstanding professional development opportunities and state-of-the-art facilities - including our recently-opened �6 million Headley Court Veterans' Orthopaedic Centre (the first unit of its kind in the UK).RJAH has strong links with a range of universities including Staffordshire, Keele, Glyndwr, Chester and Birmingham.The hospital is located on a site outside Oswestry in Oswestry, just off the A5. The nearest train station is in Gobowen, approximately two miles from the hospital. The station is part of the Chester to Birmingham line.We are based in North Shropshire, close to the border with North and Mid Wales. It is one of the most attractive parts of the country, with a rich historic culture and excellent transport links. It offers outstanding opportunities for anyone who enjoys an outdoor lifestyle or is looking to raise a family.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
1. Support the EPR Systems Architect, the Change and Benefits Workstream leads and Specialist Project Managers in:
- the design, build and implementation of the EPR, completing local configuration aspects of agreed design and/or change requests within agreed timescales.
- all functional areas to ensure that clinical and operational staff have the opportunity to inform and agree the design of the system.
- ensuring the EPR is designed and configured to support agreed future state workflows.
- creating a reference/ document library for the team to support their work. Promotes the use of the Knowledge Base as a central repository.
2. The post holder will be required to assesses the relative importance of configuration work activities and assignments, planning, adjusting their priorities when appropriate as well asmanaging several tasks at once. Some ongoing planned tasks and activities which may require adjustment due to variable workload / interruptions
3. The post holder will translate the business requirements into the technical specifications ready for the configuration steps.
4. Develop and maintain configuration management records for all local configurations.
5. Communicate technical advice, including putting forward alternative options relating to the configuration steps to non-IM& T Specialists in a clear, concise, and understandable manner.
6. Develop and maintain effective working networks and relationships with internal and external stakeholders and contacts.
7. Partake in regular team meetings, ensuring that records are maintained, and actions monitored.
8. Identify, report and assist with the management of risks and dependencies relating to the Apollo implementation and or wider Trust risks and issues where required.
9. Working with the EPR Systems Architect, the post holder will ensure that their deliverables and timescales are consistent with, and fully support, service requirements
10. Work in collaboration with the Apollo Test Team to ensure that test scripts are suitable to test agreed future state workflows.
11. Assist with the configuration testing to ensure that the Apollo system is fit for purpose and that changes deliver agreed designs, documenting any systems functionality errors/ issues, reporting identified test issues and service incident resolutions in a understandable manner through the programme governance routes
12. Assist with the identification and triaging of test issues and service incidents where required.
13. Implement local configuration resolutions via the relevant change and release processes or providing feedback and assistance to other parties including suppliers with resolutions where required.
14. Provide support for the other the system testing elements where required.
15. Provide support with consulting, training, instruction, troubleshooting and problem-solving to Apollo users and other support teams, liaising with the supplier to resolve issues.
16. Participate in discussion and the development of policies and procedure changes which impact Apollo system design and functionality
17. Support the EPR System Architect and Change and Benefits team with Programme compliance to national standards including DCB0160 - Clinical Risk Management: its Application in the Deployment and Use of Health IT Systems.
18. The post holder will be expected to work flexibly to meet the needs of the programme and any future systems upgrades/changes.19. To ensure delivery of the local configuration, design and/or change requests within agreed timescales. The post holder may be required to meet in and or visit clinical locations, Patientrepresentatives to gain a full understanding the user and business requirements
20. The post-holder will require standard keyboard skills a high degree of accuracy in manipulating information and configuring localised database.
21. Utilise multiple IT platforms to record information and use formulae, update project plans, reports, as well as detailed visual outputs such as project maps
22. Deliver all assigned work within agreed timescales, prioritising when appropriate.
23. Encourage a positive, collaborative, and improvement-oriented culture withing the Apollo Programme Team that aligns with the values of the Trust.
24. Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with System C Implementation Consultants.
25. Advise on any hardware or software purchases, taking into account value for money and the organisations Standing Orders / Standing Financial Instructions to then place agreed ordersthrough the organisations Purchasing systems.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree in IT or an equivalent level of experience
- Qualification in computer programming or computer sciences
- Change management qualification
- Experience in deployment of an IT solution
- Proven experience in IT solution testing
- Good understanding of information management systems
- Demonstrable IT service support/and or software change and configuration experience working within an IT service management team or deployment team
- Experience of using Trust's clinical and or PAs systems
- Previous experience in EPR configuration and deployment
Employer detailsEmployer name
- MS Office - Word, excel, powerpoint and visio
- Proven ability to support IT implementation projects
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including good presentation skills and ability to communicate complex issued to different audiences
- Use of computers and system administration software or functions
Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.