The Applications Development and Support team works as part of the wider IM& T team here at Dorset Healthcare. Its a supportive, flexible team and with a new Digital leadership its an exciting time!
We are looking for a positive, motivated leader to join us for 18 months to manage the improvements in regards to the use of our Applications and Electronic Health Records systems, ensuring we are meeting the required digital capabilities.Main duties of the job
- Act as the SME for the Trusts Applications and Electronic Health records.
- Implement and Develop software development and implementation policies and procedures for the Trust and establish standards and best practices for the service.
- Lead and be responsible for the technical teams in the area, ensuring they implement, manage, and optimise the Trusts applications and EHRs effectively.
At Dorset HealthCare we're on a mission to empower people to make the most of their lives through our outstanding, joined-up healthcare services. We're a dynamic, forward looking Trust, running 12 community hospitals, specialist inpatient facilities and a wide range of integrated community and mental health services for a population of almost 800,000 people.
We do things differently here - it's one of the reasons the CQC rated us 'outstanding' in 2019. It's also why 95% of patients across our services say they have a good or very good experience of our services and 89% of staff feel they can really make a difference.
Whether you're looking to work with us in one of our bustling market towns, vibrant urban locations, thriving seaside spots, or among the rolling hills of Dorset, there are lots of ways you can make a difference in our communities.
Our 7,000-strong workforce is at the heart of what we do and our success is a testament to our brilliant people. We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity. We're an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be authentic, and we are all encouraged to be the best version of ourselves.
Working with us you'll be part of a strong team, challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don't know. And you'll be working towards our vision to be better every day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we doJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post.
Dorset HealthCare is in partnership withThe Princes Trust
to support people getting into work, as part of this partnership, we offer an employability service to support individuals between 16-30 years old with application writing, interview skills and other employment support. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to access the support.Person SpecificationKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND TRAININGEssential
JOB SPECIFIC EXPERIENCEEssential
- Educated to masters level or equivalent experience
- Specialist expert knowledge of information systems set-up, configuration, data entry and interrogation
- Excellent problem resolution and fault investigation skills
- Experience of dealing with, information security and confidentiality and data quality issues
- Expert knowledge of IM& T applications or systems, ideally in healthcare
- Working knowledge of ITIL Service Management methodology and process
- Working knowledge of project management practices, Agile and DevOps
- Previous experience in an equivalent industry of 2 years or more
- Proven successful experience of system set-up, configuration and management
- Experience of holding a technical specialist role
- Ability to provide a customer-focused, service-based approach to working with stakeholders
- Practical experience of clinical and administrative workflow, policies and procedures
- Experience of delivering systems business change in an organisation or service
- Experience of leading, managing or coaching a team
- Able to effectively train and coach staff in the use of systems
- Able to prioritise and work under pressure
- A strong team player with the drive and enthusiasm to improve IT services
- Self-motivated and able to achieve targets
- Able to work effectively in a senior team environment
- Able to deal calmly with difficult situations and people
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Professional calm and efficient manner
- Demonstrates a strong desire to improve performance and make a difference by focusing on goals
- Subject to the provisions of the equality act, able to travel using own vehicle on trust business
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrable skills in written and spoken English to a standard which enables the post holder to carry out the full range of duties and responsibilities of the role effectively.
Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Nuffield Industrial Estate
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.