To job share the management and lead the planning, implementation, development and evaluation of the Wheelchair & Posture Service in line with the agreed service specification determined by Commissioners. Work in close partnership with other professionals and organisations to deliver assessments of clients of all ages and presenting medical conditions, identifying and supplying appropriate wheelchairs, associated seating and accessories to the assessed needs of the service users. The post holder is also the therapy lead for all the wheelchair therapy services.Main duties of the job
- To offer innovative and creative leadership and management to the team, to enable the development of patient/public/user centre services whilst delivering the financial saving plan and maintaining and improving quality.
- To ensure high standards of clinical practice by being responsive to current and new evidence of effectiveness, including NICE guidelines and clinical development to contribute to the development and implementation of policies and practice guidelines for own discipline and provide advice to other relevant services.
Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust provides community-based health services for adults and children in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin, and some services in surrounding areas too. These range from district nursing, health visiting and running four community hospitals through to providing very specialist community care through talented and dedicated staff.
Patients, carers and the public play a vital role in helping us to develop and improve our services and we are constantly looking for ways to work with local communities, patients and the public to innovate and improve. Have a look at the Have Your Say section of our website to find out how you can feed back your experiences and help us to continually improve.
Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust is an exciting place to work. It offers a wide range of employment opportunities for many people.
Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust positively encourages applications from all areas of the community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are committed to ensuring people who work for the community trust have a good working life - and a good work life/home life balance.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
See attached job description.
Person SpecificationTraining and QualificationsEssential
- To offer innovative leadership solutions to enable most effective use of resources for the benefit of patients/public/users across your services.
- To be responsible for the delivery of high quality, effective and efficient services and work in collaboration with professional colleagues to review services, implementing new ways of working and sharing good practice delivery and efficiency.
- Provide specialist clinical support/advice to the clinical team and external agencies as Therapy Lead.
- Assess clients presenting with highly complex multi-pathologies, using specialist knowledge and assessment tools, within the most appropriate setting, with other relevant professionals and agencies required.
- Allied Health Professional
- Registration with appropriate professional body
- Degree/Diploma in Occupational Therapy/Physiotherapy
- Qualification in management studies or similar e.g. Leadership in Clinical Excellence or experience (willing to undertake training)
- Significant post-registration experience of either working in or leading the service
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of service management
- Evidence of continued professional development short courses in topics such as manual handling, wheelchair fitting and any other related training
- Budget management experience
- Experience of implementing change management techniques
- Post qualification experience in working with people with a disability, including adults and children as wheelchair users
- Previous experience and knowledge of special seating/pressure care/basic wheeled mobility
- Development and implementation of training colleagues and other professionals
Employer detailsEmployer name
- IT skills and computer literacy
- High level of understanding of current professional issues
- Lind management experience and knowledge of HR policies and procedures
- Facilitative style of leadership
- Understanding of professional education and KSF review process
- Experience in change management with evidence based practices
- Ability to undertake critical appraisal of research
- Ability to analyse complex data and present findings
Shropshire Community Health NHS TrustAddress
Shropshire Rehabilitation Centre
Lancaster Road, Harlescott
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.