The post holder will lead, co-ordinate, implement and develop, in conjunction with the Dietetic Professional Leads for Community and Acute services, an agreed plan to address malnutrition across the whole of Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board (CTMUHB).
The role will educate, inform, advise and engage relevant stakeholders including catering partners in the development of departmental policy and participate in national policy development as required.
In collaboration with stakeholders and the wider MDT, the role will help embed malnutrition and poor hydration education and prevention strategies into acute, community, hospital catering and public health services.
Part-time and alternative working hours will be considered for this post. We are open to and encouraging of anyone interested in the post to contact the recruiting manager to discuss further.
The base for this is to be confirmed with opportunity for working from home arrangements.Main duties of the job
Act as an expert dietetic clinical resource and support to other dietetic staff and wider professionals across a variety of clinical and community environments, providing specialist knowledge and skills including contribution to education and research.
To demonstrate clinical effectiveness by the use of evidence based outcomes.
Lead on specific clinical audit/research projects within area of specialty - Malnutrition.
To provide leadership for junior staff and support staff and contribute to their development, as a delegated supervisor, and undertake annual performance review of junior staff.
Act as a source of expertise to other colleagues working within and outside CTMUHB in relation to Malnutrition.
Educate and train dietetic students, colleagues and other health care professionals.
Work autonomously to provide expert clinical and ethical advice to clients, and head of dietetic service/ deputy heads of service.
Interpret national and professional clinical guidelines and policies and work with the head of service/deputy heads of service and Dietetic Professional Leads to develop clinically appropriate standards, policies and procedures to help develop and form malnutrition strategy for the health board.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and well being services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationQualifications and/or KnowledgeEssential
- BSc, Nutrition and Dietetics or equivalent dietetic qualification
- Registered with Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Evidence of post-graduate study or ongoing CPD in relevant specialism
- Evidence of clinical knowledge in the required specialist area
- Clinical Educators Course or Advanced Clinical Educators Course
- Clinical experience in specialist dietetics at a senior level.
- Experience of working as part of a clinical team to deliver patient and organisational objectives
- Experience of conducting clinical audit and or research
- Experience of clinical supervision of students and junior colleagues.
- Practical experience of human resource management, supervision and mentoring.
- Experience/Understanding of Hospital Catering systems
- Experience/understanding of strategic and performance planning and evaluation
Aptitude and Abilities SkillsEssential
- Experience in operational Management/Leadership.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Clinical supervision skills.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
To be confirmed
To be confirmed
To be confirmed
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.