Come and join our team
This is an exciting opportunity to come and work as an Paediatric specialist epilepsy nurse as part of our Childrens Community Integrated Health Service based within the Heywood, Middleton & Rochdale (HMR) Children's Community Team.
You will have experience working with children and young people with epilepsy, providing education across a variety of settings, and making effective relationships with CYP and their families.Main duties of the job
To provide care, support, advice and education across various community settings for children and young people with epilepsy.
To have specialist knowledge of the nursing management of epilepsy and be an expert resource to provide clinical advice to patients, families/carers and healthcare professionals in secondary care and community settings.
To hold regular nurse-led clinics to assess and formulate care plans using clinical judgement to request investigations or make referrals.
To audit and develop the service against national and local epilepsy recommendations to improve outcomes for children and young people with epilepsyAbout us
Rochdale Care Organisation is part of the Northern Care Alliance, one of the largest NHS organisations in the country. A place destined to be different. Rochdale puts co-operation and co-design at the forefront of its health and social care. This is the place with community based integrated care at its heart. Rochdale Infirmary, and the adult and children's community services across Heywood Middleton and Rochdale, consists of professionals from health, social and voluntary sectors. A place leading the way in life-enhancing, integrated care.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading. You can also read more information about working at the Northern Care Alliance within the attached Candidate Information Pack or by visiting our careers website: www.careers.northerncarealliance.nhs.uk
In line with the Trusts Single Equality Scheme we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, disability, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, marital status, social back ground or trade union membership. However, as members of ethnicity minority groups and individuals with disabilities are currently under-represented at this level of post, we would encourage applications from members of these groups. Appointment will be based on merit alone.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Current NMC registration RN(child) RSCN
- Educated to Degree level
- Neurology / Epilepsy Qualification or equivalent or working towards
- V300 Independent Nurse prescribing qualification
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development relevant to the post
Knowledge,Skills and experienceEssential
- Undertake a leadership development programme
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Substantial post registration experience including paediatric care provision
- Experience of managing own caseload
- Evidence of working as an autonomous practitioner at an advanced level
- Evidence of advanced clinical knowledge and relevant experience in managing care for children and young with Epilepsy
- Evidence of communication and collaborative working across organisational boundaries
- Able to demonstrate advanced neurological clinical assessment and diagnostic skills pertaining to Epilepsy
Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust Address
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.