An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, ambitious and highly motivated individual to join the Emergency Medicine management team, as a Service Manager supporting service transformation.
As Service Manager, you will be a core part of the Clinical Management Group team and will facilitate pathway redesign and improved quality of care.
The successful candidate will support the service transformation agenda and redesign process lead on key projects and work streams, providing strong visible leadership to all teams and deliver a culture of continuous improvement across the Emergency Floor.
Applicants for this busy and dynamic role should have values in line with our Trust values. Also, they will need to be able to work in a calm, logical and methodical way but be able to multi-task whilst dealing with frequently changing priorities. Organisational and influencing skills are a key requirement for this role.
The successful candidate will be required to work flexibly and be able to participate in our manager of the day rota.Main duties of the job
The Service Manager is accountable to the relevant General Manager, to support the effective and efficient operational management of the allocated CMGs area/s, ensuring delivery of high-quality patient care services within the resources available. This will include ensuring effective co-ordination and where appropriate, management of budgets and agreed performance objectives and contracts as well as working closely with Heads of Service and General Manager on business planning and the development and continuous improvement of patient care processes.
In conjunction with Heads of Service and Matrons and in support of the General Manager and CMG Team to consider, plan and implement change to ensure continuous service and efficiency improvements to enhance the patient care services across the emergency pathway.About us
We are one of the biggest and busiest NHS trusts in the country and have our very own Children's Hospital and run one of the country's leading heart centres.
Our team is made up of more than 17,000 staff providing a range of services primarily for the one million residents of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
We work with partners at the University of Leicester and De Montfort University providing world-class teaching to nurture and develop the next generation of doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals, many of whom go on to spend their working lives with us.
Our purpose is to provide 'Caring at its best' and our staff have helped us create a set of values that embody who we are and what we're here to do. They are:
- We focus on what matters most
- We treat others how we would like to be treated
- We are passionate and creative in our work
- We do what we say we are going to do
- We are one team and we are best when we work together
Our patients are at the heart of all we do and we believe that 'Caring at its best' is not just about the treatments and services we provide, but about giving our patients the best possible experience.
About the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust: (leicestershospitals.nhs.uk)Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationTrust values & BehavioursEssential
- Support the General Manager and thereby the Deputy Head of Operations, to operationally manage service resources.
- Develop robust management of capacity, waiting lists, reporting and efficiency metrics.
- Work closely with Nursing, Admin, Advanced Health Practitioners and Clinical teams to ensure the smooth running and efficient use of the imaging resource.
- Provide clear and concise data and information on the use of imaging list to increase understanding of efficiency by all stakeholders.
- Support of the General Manager and thereby the Deputy Head of Operations, to manage the operational aspects of the service encompassing the management of all resources and the monitoring and achievement of agreed performance objectives within the context of National and Trust frameworks.
- In conjunction with Heads of Service and Matrons and in support of the General Manager and CMG team to consider, plan and implement change to ensure continuous service and efficiency improvements to enhance the patient care services provided by Imaging.
- Management of other members of the management support team as required.
Training & QualificationsEssential
- Must be able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with the Trust's Values and behaviours
- Educated to degree level or relevant experience
- Knowledge of health service management, including change management and workforce redesign
- Detailed knowledge of the NHS in the acute sector with up to date knowledge of medical/surgical specialities.
- Evidence of CPD
- Extensive knowledge of one or more specialties.
- Knowledge of the impact of support services on the delivery of acute care.
- 2 years Experience within the Healthcare sector at junior management level
- Proven track record of monitoring healthcare targets
- Experience of delivering service change within an NHS setting
- Experience of managing performance issues
Communication and Relationship SkillsEssential
- Experience of working in an Acute Teaching hospital
- Experience of reporting on complex performance management
Analytical and Judgement SkillsEssential
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
- Evidence of being a team-player but able to stand back when necessary
- Ability to motivate staff
- Ability to present complex data
- Proven influencing skills
- Ability to manage conflict
- Logical thinker with evidence of delivery
- Excellent problem solving skills using team when appropriate
- Ability to understand complex financial and clinical data
- Sensitive to clinical and political demands
- Ability to cut through barriers to change
Planning and Organisation skillsEssential
- Well-developed IT skills, particularly word and excel.
Equality, Diversity and InclusionEssential
- Demonstrable organisational skills
- Track record of delivering to deadlines
- Track record of identifying problems and proposing and implementing solutions.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to demonstrate a commitment and understanding of the importance of treating all individuals with dignity and respect appropriate to their individual needs.
University Hospitals of Leicester NHS TrustAddress
Leicester Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.