The North & East Cornwall Community Specialist Palliative Care team are a small team of skilled nurses who work autonomously from their separate bases or from home.
We work closely together by communicating virtually on a daily basis and this helps us to support each other and ensures that we are able to provide a high standard of specialist care to our patients.
We are looking for a motivated and confident registered nurse to join our team working with the Torpoint area.
Applicants will need to evidence extensive experience of working with patients who have palliative care needs, and with those at the end of life in the community.Main duties of the job
Community specialist palliative care nurses work closely with the multidisciplinary team and with other specialist palliative care providers.The post holder will manage a geographically defined caseload and will ensure that all patients referred with complex palliative needs receive high quality symptom assessment, psychological support and specialist advice to meet their individual care needs.
The post holder will use recognised referral guidelines to undertake agreed levels of intervention.
The post holder will demonstrate high levels of clinical decision-making and will monitor and improve standards of care through supervision of practice, clinical audit, research and by teaching and providing support to professional colleagues.
The post holder will participate in a rota providing a seven-day serviceAbout us
We're an NHS community and mental health provider Trust based in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. We deliver community and hospital-based care to improve people's physical and mental health.We also provide specialist support to people with dementia or a learning disability.
We are a people organisation and people matter to us. As part of the team, you'll help support the health and wellbeing of the people who live and visit this beautiful part of the UK.
Over 4,000 people make up the Trust. This includes doctors, nurses, therapists, plus admin and support staff.
We work in people's homes, in community clinics and bases.Some staff work from one of our 13 community hospitals. Our aspiration is to have great people, provide great care, be a great place to work and a great partner.
Approximately 568,000 people live here. A third of people who live in Cornwall are supported by acute hospital services in Devon.As a result, we also work closely with our partners in Devon. In the summer, and during other holidays lots of people choose to visit the area. This increases the numbers of people who use our services.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To view a detailed job description and person specification including the main responsibilities of this role please see supporting documents. Person SpecificationEducation/Qualifications & Relevant ExperienceEssential
- Current professional registration - NMC
- Professional qualification - RGN - level 1
- Degree level study in relevant subject
- Evidence of own professional development and additional specialist training in relevant area to post-graduate diploma level
- Evidence of teaching experience
Skills & AptitudeEssential
- Recordable teaching qualifications
- Independent nonmedical prescriber
- Counselling qualification
- Extensive relevant post registration experience
- A working knowledge of the priorities of care of the dying person and gold standard framework
- Proven palliative or oncology experience
- Proven teaching skills
Knowledge & AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of working in primary care
Employer detailsEmployer name
- The ability to deal calmly with stress and distressing situations
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Evidence of up to date mandatory training
- Knowledge and skill to evaluate research and ensure evidence based practice
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical governance and ability to apply practice
- Awareness of relevant government initiatives and political agendas with the relevance to Specialist Palliative Care and End of Life Care
Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Wadebridge health office
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.