Rotational Midwives Permanent 37.5 hours per week (Part time available)
Explore your potential and the possibilities at the Duchess of Kent Maternity Unit for Women and Babies, which is situated in North West London and is part of the Hillingdon Hospital. We are a busy unit delivering 4200 babies a year. As part of the development and modernisation of our services, we have a dedicated Home Birth team and active Birth Centre team who both caseload the women under their care. We have also implemented a case loading model of care for our vulnerable women with complex social needs.
Hillingdon Hospital has been part of the NWL Better Births Projectand has successfully developed continuity models. This collaborative work has now evolved into the Maternity Transformation project.We are looking to develop further continuity across a variety of care pathways for the women across this sector. We hope you will consider joining us on our journey and being involved in this inspirational work.
As a unit we believe in choice, we are passionate about women centred care, and are committed to offering a wide range of experiences and development for our staff. The latest 2018 CQC report rated Hillingdon Maternity Good to Outstanding in the 6 Domains inspected.
Interview Date: tbcMain duties of the job
We offer a strong commitment to professional development through appraisal, personal development plans and postgraduate study. A Practice Development team provides staff with a comprehensive package of training & clinical support and all our midwives are released from clinical work to attend an annual comprehensive mandatory training programme.
We are looking for dedicated and motivated midwives with high standards of clinical and communication skills, who are enthusiastic and willing to develop their skills. The post is a rotational post, which incorporates working in all clinical settings. For newly qualified midwives, we offer a 12 month preceptorship programme, rotating through the clinical areas and supported by the Practice Development team. Following a period of orientation to the unit there will be opportunities for all midwives to enhance their personal development within our midwifery led Birth Centre.About us
These are exciting times at The Hillingdon, and whether you are an experienced or newly qualified midwife, we invite you to join our dynamic, friendly and supportive midwifery team.
Hillingdon Hospital has been part of the NWL Better Births Projectand has successfully developed continuity models. This collaborative work has now evolved into the Maternity Transformation project.
We are looking to develop our staff to provide continuity across a variety of care pathways for the women across this sector. We hope you will consider joining us on our journey and being involved in this inspirational work.
If you are interested, we wouldbe delighted to have you join us in further developing these exciting new pathways, offering continuity and providing case loading care to women using different models.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
1. The midwife is responsible accountable for her/his own midwifery practice
2. To reinforce professional advice through supporting and encouraging couples in active parenting skills in the postnatal period.
3. To assist the parents in caring for their babies hygiene, development and well-being whilst promoting babies safety, protection and security.
4. To encourage the parents in the active steps to promote effective feeding of their baby within the UNICEF guidelines.
5. To providing antenatal intrapartum and postnatal care, reporting any deviations from the normal to a more experienced midwife registered midwife.
6. The midwife will respond appropriately to all emergency situations7. The midwife will assist more experienced midwives and medical staff in the context of her/his own knowledge, experience and sphere of responsibility to develop their own professional competence.
8. The midwife will liaise with other agencies involved in the provisions of maternity services and seek advice from the more experienced midwife as required.
9. To foster peoples equality, diversity and rightsPerson SpecificationShortlisting CriteriaEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Education and Qualifications
- Active NMC PIN
- Experience and Knowledge
The Hillingdon Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.