An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and dynamic nurse who has a desire to work in the community with relevant transferrable skills to join the vaccination team in the delivery of the COVID 19 and the annual Flu Campaign to staff/patients.
As Clinical Supervisor for vaccinations, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering a safe and effective service for the mass delivery of COVID-19 vaccinations. The post holder will work with Band 4 (B4) Vaccinators, in a role involving clinical supervision and administration of agreed vaccinations. This is a great opportunity to develop your career by working at a higher banding and to learn new skills.
If you feel that you have the relevant skills and experience to join the team, we would love to hear from youMain duties of the job
- As Clinical Supervisor for vaccinations, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering a safe and effective service for the mass delivery of flu and COVID-19 vaccinations. The post holder will work with Band 4 (B4) Vaccinators, in a role involving clinical supervision and administration of agreed vaccinations.
- Delivery of a safe vaccination service assisting to influence and facilitate change within the setting and service areas.
- Clinical assessment prior to vaccination.
- Supporting the reviews of those with complex medical histories and potential adverse reactions and offering specialist advice as needed.
- The supervision of the configuration of the vaccination clinic.
- The clinical supervision of safe vaccination delivery.
- Drawing up and preparing the vaccine prior to administration and ensuring that each activity is recorded.
- Ensuring the best possible clinical outcomes by using up-to-date skills and adhering to evidence-based policies and procedures.
Central London Community Healthcare (CLCH) is one of the largest community healthcare organisations in London and Hertfordshire, providing our services to diverse communities/boroughs in 11 London Boroughs - Barnet, Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hounslow, Kensington and Chelsea, Merton, Richmond, Wandsworth, Westminster - and Hertfordshire.
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Support with gaining your driving license *T& C's apply
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
To have a full look at our benefits and what it's like working for us please go here: https://www.clch.nhs.uk/job/pay-and-benefits
At CLCH we appreciate and are proud of the diversity in the communities we serve and the workforce we employ. Applications are open and welcome to anyone, regardless of your age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, and disability. We are proud to say that we follow the workforce race equality standard and 28% of our senior staff (8A and above) are from a BAME background. CLCH also has active BAME and LGBTQI networks.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description for full list of responsibilities Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationEssential
- Supervise the B4 vaccinators in the delivery of safe COVID-19 vaccinations and post vaccination observations. (oversee paperwork and vaccine confirmation activity, ensure Trust/national guidelines are respected regarding PPE, clinical and non-clinical waste, sanitisation).
- Assist with the overall coordination of the Vaccination Clinic and day to day delivery of the vaccinations, ensuring clinic rooms and equipment are prepared, liaise with B4 to ensure sufficient stock of clinic supplies are available.
- Supervise the configuration of the vaccination area (layout, equipment, PPE, consumables, vaccine stocks, sanitisation and waste materials) and vaccines (vaccine, vaccine batch numbers recorded, staff member administrating vaccination, date and site confirmation).
- Ensure safe vaccine preparation (correct storage and providing injections to the vaccination station).
- Perform pre-vaccination clinical assessment, confirm the correct vaccination, the consent agreements and consult on the provision of specialist advice on contra indications. Address any concerns that may arise regarding the vaccine and contra-indications.
- Review clients medical history and address any potential adverse reaction risks provide information on what to do in the event of adverse reactions.
- Follow PPE guidelines as stipulated by the organisation.
- Work with team to maintain high standards of infection control in the clinical area and a well-maintained department environment
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject or equivalent level of experience of working at a similar level in specialist area.
- Registered Health Care Professional e.g. NMC for nurses, GPhC for pharmacists, HCPC for allied health care professionals.
- Current immunisation training / update or willingness to undertake.
- Further training or experience in a clinical supervisory position
- Previous experience in similar role in public sector.
- Previous experience in clinical supervision.
- Previous experience in immunisation and vaccination.
- Knowledge of immunisation schedules in accordance with national recommendations.
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Working knowledge and literate with computer skills to use of word document, internet access and email correspondence and electronic record keeping.
- Evidence of continuous personal and professional development and willingness to commit to ongoing CPD.
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Specialist knowledge in a relevant subject to post graduate level
- Effective skills in communicating complex and sensitive information and in difficult situations, requiring empathy, reassurance, persuasion and influence.
- Practical skills and knowledge of cold chain procedures and medicines management. Skills for nurturing key relationships and maintaining networks. Ability to analyse and interpret information, pre-empt and evaluate issues, and recommend and appropriate course of action to address the issues. Problem solving skills and ability to respond to sudden unexpected demands. Ability to make decisions on difficult issues where there may be a number of courses of action. Ability to engender trust and confidence and demonstrate integrity in the provision of advice and support. Able to work under limited supervision using own initiative, organising and prioritising own and others' workloads to changing and often tight deadlines.
- Skills for nurturing key relationships and maintaining networks.
- Ability to analyse and interpret information, pre-empt and evaluate issues, and recommend and appropriate course of action to address the issues.
- Problem solving skills and ability to respond to sudden unexpected demands.
- Ability to make decisions on difficult issues where there may be a number of courses of action.
- Ability to engender trust and confidence and demonstrate integrity in the provision of advice and support.
- Able to work under limited supervision using own initiative, organising and prioritising own and others' workloads to changing and often tight deadlines.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Commitment to and focused on quality, promotes high standards in all they do.
- Flexible approach to work and ability to cope with uncertainty and change .
- Values diversity and difference, operates with integrity and openness.
- Works well with others, is positive and helpful, listens, involves, respects and learns from the contribution of others.
- Actively develops themselves and supports others to do the same.
- Ability to work in a variety of settings.
- Understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity and good working Relationships.
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
Parsons Green Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.