An exciting opportunity has arisen for a capable, motivated MSK Specialist Physiotherapist to join our well respected Physiotherapy Outpatient teams in the Kerrier Locality at Camborne Redruth Community Hospital and Helston Hospital.
Our service provides out-patient physiotherapy to the local community accepting referrals from GPs, Consultants and Allied Health Professionals, as well as Patient Self-referrals.
We have a strong commitment to professional development, and offer regular supervision and in-service training at a local and countywide level.
Part of our robust in-house training includes an annual MSK conference, plus funding for appropriate external courses to support career progression. With the emergence of FCP roles and the APP framework we aim to offer a development pathway for our existing and aspiring FCPs and APPs.
Join our progressive MSK Physiotherapy Service and benefit from access to the Cornish countryside and the best surfing beaches in the country, alongside exciting career development opportunities.Although this is a full-time position, part-time hours may be available. Proposed interview date: TBCMain duties of the job
- To perform an advanced musculoskeletal assessment of patients including those with highly complex presentation.
- To formulate a diagnosis and treatment plan and carry out this plan as an autonomous practitioner.
- To supervise, teach and appraise recently qualified physiotherapists, physiotherapy students, support workers and other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- To undertake evidence based projects including recommendations for change in practice and may participate in departmental audit.
- To deputise for the physiotherapy team leaders in operational management
We're an NHS community and mental health provider Trust based in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. We deliver community and hospital-based care to improve people's physical and mental health. We also provide specialist support to people with dementia or a learning disability.
We are a people organisation and people matter to us. As part of the team, you'll help support the health and wellbeing of the people who live and visit this beautiful part of the UK.
Over 4,000 people make up the Trust. This includes doctors, nurses, therapists, plus admin and support staff.
We work in people's homes, in community clinics and bases. Some staff work from one of our 13 community hospitals. Our aspiration is to have great people, provide great care, be a great place to work and a great partner.
Approximately 568,000 people live here. A third of people who live in Cornwall are supported by acute hospital services in Devon. As a result, we also work closely with our partners in Devon. In the summer, and during other holidays lots of people choose to visit the area. This increases the numbers of people who use our services.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To view a detailed job description and person specification including the main responsibilities of this role please see supporting documents.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- Current professional registration - HCPC
- Professional qualification - Physiotherapist
- Degree or Diploma in Physiotherapy
- IELTS unless qualification taken in English
- Evidence of further training relevant to specialty e.g. Post Graduate Courses
- Previous experience in supervision of Physiotherapy students and staff
- Significant experience in MSK Outpatients
- Significant post qualification experience
- Experience of managing a team of people - clinical and non clinical
- Extensive experience of working within a multidisciplinary team, an in-depth understanding of their roles and respect for the other professionals within the team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Up to date and specialist clinical skills
- High level of assessment skills
Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Camborne Redruth Community Hospital & Helston Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.