Are you a caring and compassionate Registered Nurse or are just about to qualify and are looking for a fresh or new opportunity?
We are excited to announce that we are recruiting for 2 permanent full or part time staff nurses on Ward 2 BGH, our newly established re-enablement ward. We would like you to join us on this exciting journey, helping to offer high quality, safety driven nursing care.
Ward 2 is a re-enablement ward where we strive to enable patients to achieve a level of independence following an admission to an acute ward, our aim is to enable patients to return to their own home. As a registered nurse you will be responsible for the safe admission of transferred patients and safe discharge planning.
You would be required to work on a rotational shift basis, which includes days and nights.
You will be working as part of a supportive multi-disciplinary team that consists of Doctors, Nurses, Health Care Assistants and Therapists, all working together to provide our patients with excellent care.
We are proud of being caring, competent and compassionate, with patients at the heart of what we do. We aim to provide high quality, safe services which improve the health, well-being and independence of the people of Liverpool and its surrounding areas .Main duties of the job
You should possess a commitment to team working and innovative delivery of excellent standards of care. You should be able to demonstrate a real enthusiasm for re-enablement, as well as a desire for on-going professional development. You will receive excellent training and opportunities within the specialty you work in.
The successful candidate will be be responsible for the assessment planning, delivery and evaluation of nursing care.
You will work as a member of the multi-disciplinary team providing patient centred care.About us
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was created on 1st October 2019 following the merger of two adult acute Trusts, Aintree University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The merger provides an opportunity to reconfigure services in a way that provides the best healthcare services to the city and improves the quality of care and health outcomes that patients experience.
The Trust runs Aintree Hospital, Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.
It serves a core population of around 630,000 people across Merseyside as well as providing a range of highly specialist services to a catchment area of more than two million people in the North West region and beyond.
To hear more about our achievements click here https://www.liverpoolft.nhs.uk/media/13089/1606-annual-report-booklet_final.pdf Follow us on Social Media: Facebook - Liverpool University Hospitals Careers Instagram - @LUHFTcareers Twitter - @LUHFTcareersJob descriptionJob responsibilities
The post older will be involved in assessment, planning ,delivery and evaluation of nursing care.
Provide information to patients /carers
Nurse led falls assessing ,identifying the risk factors to reduce the risk of further falls.
Nursing staff are directly involved in complex discharge planning
Referrals to other disciplinesPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse, current NMC registration
- Diploma in Nursing
- Mentorship/teaching qualification
- Post registration qualification in relevant specialty
- Post registration experience and successful completion of band 5 foundation gateway competencies
- Experience within relevant clinical setting
- Evidence of maintaining a clinical learning environment.
- Evidence of working with students
- Recent acute hospital experience [including as a student nurse]
- Knowledge of current nursing issues and clinical governance
- Demonstrates awareness of own limitations
- Ability to organise workload and delegate tasks appropriately
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to support less experienced staff
- Ability to problem solve
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic IT skills, including e-mail and word processing
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Supportive of colleagues
- Ability to work in changing environments
- Committed to high standards of patient care.
- Exemplary personal standards of conduct and behaviour
- Maintain both personal and professional development
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Address
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.