An exciting opportunity has arisen to apply for a Finance Manager role within the Evelina London finance team, at Guy's & St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.Main duties of the job
The Finance Manager provides business partnering support to their Directorate in all their monthly, annual and ad hoc financial performance and planning activities. They are responsible for month end reporting for their areas, forecasting and financial planning in conjunction with clinicians and operational managers, consulting with the Directorate General Manager and Deputy Head of Finance and presenting reports at Directorate meetings. They form an integral part of the Directorate's Management Team.
This person will hold a professional qualification in accountancy (CCAB or equivalent) and will be able to provide evidence of continuously developing by having relevant post-qualification experience or significant management accounting experience in a large, complex organisation (NHS experience is beneficial but not essential). Business partnering is a key element of the role so this person must demonstrate strong communication/people skills, the ability to present analysis and influence budget holders.About usEvelina London
is part of Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust and we are responsible for providing services for women and children. With almost 4,000 dedicated staff, and led by an Executive Team and Board, we have significant devolved autonomy to focus operationally and strategically upon the needs of our patients. We also benefit from being part of a large and successful NHS foundation trust, whose values we share. We have an ambitious strategic development programme, with backing from Guy's and St Thomas'.
Every year, the number of children and young people Evelina London cares for, in hospital and in the community, continues to grow. We provide comprehensive health services from pre-conception, before birth, throughout childhood and into adult life. Evelina London is here for children, young people and women from London to South East England, and provides specialist care for families around the UK and across the world.
As the only NHS Trust in London with women's and specialist children's services on one site we have unique opportunities to provide excellent, high-quality, integrated care for mothers, babies and children. We operate through five clinical directorates: Children's Medicine & Neonatology Children's Surgery, Theatres and Anaesthesia Children's Cardio-respiratory and Intensive Care Children's Community Services and Women's Services.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
See attached Job Description and Personal Specification for more details.
If you would like to discuss the opportunity, please feel free to contact Mark Kirwan (Deputy Head of Finance) at Mark.Kirwan@gstt.nhs.uk .
Interviews for this role are expected to be the w/c 16th October, subject to confirmationPerson SpecificationQualifications and EducationEssential
Professional/ Statutory RegistrationEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Completion of a CCAB recognised accountancy qualification
- Evidence of commitment to ongoing personal development
- Significant post qualification experience preferably in a specialist financial management role
- In applying the concepts and techniques for: obudgeting and financial planning, ocosting and pricing, ovariance analysis and financial reporting, othe purpose of accounting accruals and provisions odealing with relationships between the balance sheet, revenue accounts and cash flow statements,
- Experience with presenting and explaining financial information to non-finance staff.
- Comfortable in manipulating both financial and non-financial data, with the ability to draw out key insights from numerical information.
- The Finance Manager must be able to show an appreciation of the role and responsibilities required.
Skills / Knowledge / AbilityEssential
- Must understand and demonstrate knowledge of good personnel practice and its application.
- Experience in staff recruitment, interviewing and of the Trust's disciplinary procedures.
- Experience in the application of accounting techniques and solutions drawn from other disciplines or industry
- An understanding of: othe key financial performance targets for NHS Trusts othe rationale for Standing Financial Instructions and the means for ensuring that they are adhered to, othe ways in which healthcare is delivered, coupled with knowledge of NHS financial regulations.
- The ability to provide advice and support from across all of the accounting disciplines is essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex financial issues effectively with both non-finance and finance staff.
- Ability to build strong relationships across finance and non-finance teams, to deliver high quality business partnering support.
- Personal presentation must be of a high professional standard
- Strong sense of quality and customer focus.
- Strong time-management skills & ability to balance competing priorities while ensuring deadlines are met.
- Proficient with MS Office products including advanced MS Excel skills
- Excellent persuasion and negotiation skills are required to ensure delivery of balanced financial plans.
- Prepared to lead on the operational issues of the department and to take responsibility for policy and service development of financial reporting for clinical and corporate departments
- Ability to work at a PC, sometimes for a considerable period of time
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work across multiple sites.
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation TrustAddress
200 Great Dover Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.