The Health Team within the Gloucestershire Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) is expanding. We are therefore looking for calm, and motivated practitioners, who are experienced and passionate about safeguarding children, to become MASH Safeguarding Practitioners. The post holder(s) will contribute to the health component of the MASH service, working alongside partner agencies to ensure that effective integrated and well-informed decision-making leads to early help and responsive safeguarding. An excellent knowledge and significant experience of safeguarding children practice and process in Gloucestershire is essential.
As part of Gloucestershire Health and Care's Safeguarding Team, the post holder(s) will be provided with a thorough induction package and considerable professional development opportunities in the area of Safeguarding.
When applying for this position please ensure you make it clear how you meet the requirements of the person specification.
Part-time and full-time hours available.Main duties of the job
- Through liaison identify and collate the relevant health information to add to the multi-agency risk assessment.
- Record, interpret and present health information and issues that can impact on the risk or needs assessment of child/children and young people from a range of health perspectives. This may involve disclosing relevant information about the parents or carers in ensuring the information is processed fairly and proportionately.
- Collate relevant health information and attend strategy meetings representing health.
- Participate in the MASH multi-agency risk assessment to inform the decisions, advising where necessary and challenging decisions when appropriate.
- Disseminate and communicate decisions and appropriate health information to relevant health professionals including the Named Nurse and/or Doctor where appropriate and for sharing best practice.
- Promote appropriate and effective communication by all health professionals within GHC, Primary Care and other health providers.
At Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust, we are supportive of the people we care for in the community and aim to provide a fully responsive service to everyone who needs it. This is the same approach we take for our employees. We look to value the skills and experiences of those we work with, whether they are service users, carers, families or those looking to work with us.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is part of the NHS. We treat NHS patients according to NHS principles and standards. The difference is the Trust is accountable to local people, rather than to Government, and so we are able to work closely with our community to develop services in the way that best suits the needs of local people.
Our Staff Survey results showed people at our Trust feel they are engaged, part of a team and work for a compassionate and inclusive organisation.
Our overall scores were better than average in eight of nine themes and level in one - the best overall results for a community, mental health and learning disabilities Trust in the south west and first equal amongst all sector NHS providers within the region too.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Gloucestershire Health and Care is committed to embedding and providing personalised care through all of its services as part of our high-quality care strategy. The purpose of personalised care is to empower people to lead the lives they want to live. Personalised care starts with a conversation with people about what matters to them. It builds on what people can do, as well as addressing their health needs. Including new ways of working and delivering care, emphasising that we need to make effective use of the full range of our peoples skills and experience to deliver the best possible patient care. So we want to know What Matters to You and that you will share our values and join us on this very important journey. The qualification, training & experience requirements for the role are underlined in the Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to the Additional Information attachment before submitting your application. Person SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
- Registered Nurse / Specialist Public Health Nurse/midwife/ Allied Health Professional / Social Worker
- First degree or equivalent
LENGTH AND / OR NATURE OF EXPERIENCEEssential
- Post Registration Qualification within specialty or equivalent
- Supporting Evidence of Post Registration Education relevant to safeguarding
- Possess professionally relevant & core specific competencies
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working within a Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
- To provide recent evidence of involvement in service development and service improvement
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Edward Jenner Court
1010 Pioneer Avenue, Gloucester Business Park
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.