An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced mental health nurse to join our busy Older Adult Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) based in Quarella Road Bridgend.You will be expected to work as part of a multi disciplinary team/multi agency team in conjunction with Bridgend County Borough Council , undertaking the role of care coordinator, providing quality mental health services under the framework of the Mental Health Measures (2010) Wales. In addition to this you will undertake CHC reviews and nursing assessments to inform categories of care. As a registered nurse you will be involved in the day to day running of the team including mentoring of students and the supervision of junior staff. You will work autonomously and also under the supervision of a band 7 registered nurse/team manager and in conjunction with other nurses, unregistered health care assistants and colleagues from local authority, deliver a range of a supportive services for those individuals under the care of the CMHT and part 1 and 2 of the Mental Health Measure.The team currently covers the hours of 9-5, 5 days per week.The Team also covers on a rotation basis our Out of hours 5-8 pm Mon -Friday and Saturday and Sunday 9-5pm.If you have the passion and ambition to join this busy, dynamic, multi agency service then we would love to hear from you.Main duties of the job
There is one 37.5 hours fixed term until 31 March 2024 position and one 30 hours fixed term until 16 July 2024 position available.
This post is a fixed term/secondment for 6 & 10 months to meet the needs of the service.
If you are interested in applying for the secondment position, you must obtain permission from your current line manager prior to applying for this post.
- To be responsible for management of a caseload with accountability and responsibility for patient cantered assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care in conjunction with the carer, multidisciplinary team and other agencies within the community.
- Undertaking individual care and treatment planning working alongside other health professionals as the allocated care Co-ordinator.
- Managing risk utilising WARRN
- To assist the Team Leader in managing a team of community nurses, co-coordinating and deploying resources within varied environments.
- To assist the Team Leader in the delivery of service objectives, performance management and service targets is an integral part of the role, as well as providing expert knowledge and advice to a wide range of service providers and users of the service, as well as management of their own caseload
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About usOur values and behaviours are fundamental to the way we do things at Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board. They are everything we stand for and aspire to. That includes the way we behave, how we perform our roles and the way we recruit new talent. We look forward to exploring how your values align with ours. This is how we work: We listen, learn and improve We treat everyone with respect We all work together as one team We are a proud employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only the lifeblood of our organisation but also of the diverse communities that we serve. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Previous experience in older persons mental health setting
- Experience in Community nursing
- Experience in Dementia care
Education/ QualificationsEssential Desirable
- Experience of multi agency working
- Evidence of post registration education/CPD
- Good assessment and formulation skills
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
- Ability to time manage and organise self
- Able to demonstrate sound clinical knowledge of older persons care/dementia care
- Demonstrates knowledge relating to legal frameworks (ie. MHA, MCH, DOLS, CTP, CHC)
- Demonstrates knowledge in relation to safeguarding processes
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of Dementia Care Pathway of Standards
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Flexible approach to work and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
71 Quarella Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.