We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated HCPC registered Specialist Biomedical Scientist to join the Department of Cellular Pathology. The successful candidate must have completed the Specialist Portfolio in Cellular Pathology or possess significant experience to demonstrate competency at that level.
The primary role is to serve as a specialist, registered Biomedical Scientist, providing a diagnostic service to clinicians and other users to aid in diagnosis and treatment. This includes conducting scientific work within the laboratory, analysing initial findings, and identifying necessary follow-up actions. Additionally, the role involves performing specimen dissection, as authorized by the Consultant Histopathologist, and taking a leadership role within sections of the department.Main duties of the job
To see the full detailed job description and main responsibilities of the job please refer the job description attached.About us
Thank you for your interest in this role.
Sherwood is nationally recognised as being an excellent place to work and deliver care. We are rightly proud of the 5,500 colleagues who work here, and we are the Health Service Journal's Trust of the Year in 2020.
The Care Quality Commission rated King's Mill Hospital Outstanding and Newark, and Mansfield Community Hospitals Good. Overall, we are rated Outstanding for care.
For the last three years, we have been ranked as the best NHS Trust to work for in the Midlands and in 2020 we were the third best Acute/Community NHS Trust in England.
Happy colleagues deliver better care. Our teams work in a supportive, inclusive environment, which nurtures wellbeing and has opportunities for development and progression. We do not just care for our patients we also care for you.
Our culture of learning, compassion and taking a person-centred approach are at the roots of our organisation. We would love you to join us.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To see the full detailed job description and main responsibilities of the job please refer the job description attached.Person SpecificationContractual RequirementsEssential
- Full time hours are to work 37.5 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 days.
Qualifications- Academic/Craft/ ProfessionalEssential
- Relevant theoretical / practical / scientific knowledge to underpin the technical aspect of a Histopathology laboratory service.
- HCPC registered as a Biomedical Scientist. Biomedical science degree or equivalent acceptable by HCPC.
- Specialist knowledge of Histopathology (MSc , Specialist portfolio or equivalent)
- Completion of supervisory/leadership course
Further TrainingEssential ExperienceEssential
- Ability to organise work and meet deadlines.
- Good technical and communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- IT Skills.
- Experience of and relevant competency assessed specimen dissection.
- Substantial specialist training in a clinical laboratory during which time sufficient knowledge has been acquired to demonstrate competence in the portfolio of specialist training.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous experience in a supervisory capacity.
Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
King's Mill Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.