You will join our very interesting and varied rotation - See what we have to offer!
Rotation into Paediatrics
, based at Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Aylesbury but going into schools and nurseries in Aylesbury Vale,
plus Trauma and Orthopaedics, Acute Medicine, Outpatient Hands/Rheumatology
at Stoke Mandeville Hospital Neurology Rehabilitation
- Hyperacute and Acute stroke units at Wycombe Hospital Community acute rehabilitation
at Amersham Hospital and Aylesbury Rapid Response and Intermediate care
We have senior Occupational Therapists in each team for ongoing support and we are very friendly, supportive and dynamic services with comprehensive induction, integrated individual supervision, appraisal, in-service and training opportunities.You should currently be registered with HCPC or be about to qualify and have a degree in Occupational Therapy and have access to a car if possible for the Aylesbury and High Wycombe community settings.Main duties of the job
- To provide patient assessment, treatment, intervention and evaluation of outcome, of own patient caseload, within a clinical team or group setting.
- To use professional knowledge to formulate problem list and subsequent treatment with goal plans and appropriate documentation in-line with departmental policy.
- To assist Senior Occupational Therapy staff in the development of new procedures and evidence-based practice.
- To follow advice and expertise of Senior Therapy staff to develop clinical skills and knowledge in managing own caseload.
- To maintain comprehensive, accurate and evaluative records of patient care, in accordance with professional, legal, departmental and Trust requirements.
- To communicate patient related information effectively and efficiently to patients, relevant team members, relatives, and other relevant service providers through written documentation and verbal communication, in line with professional, legal, departmental and Trust requirements.
Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -
BHT - A great place to work (buckshealthcare.nhs.uk) What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
We offer flexible and agile working opportunities, alongside your NHS benefits of generous annual leave entitlement, pension and access to NHS discount schemes.
We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce. Why work for us?
We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
Greater diversity within our BHT family improves positive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
A keen supporter of the Armed Forces Community who know the value of employing a service leaver/veteran and their families. What do we stand for?
Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on email@example.com quoting the vacancy reference number.Person SpecificationSpecial CircumstancesEssential
- Ability to work at weekends
- Physical ability and endurance to work in the physical environment of the clinical area of all rotations within this post
Skills, Abilities & KnowledgeEssential
- Access to a car for working in the community
Education & QualificationsEssential
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication to ensure liaison with multi disciplinary team, patients and carers to ensure records and reports are accurate and in legible manner (in English)
- Use of and/or knowledge of POMR(problem orientated medical records) record keeping
- Knowledge of Current related legislation (H& S, Data P. Act, etc)
- Current registration with Health Professions Council
- Diploma /Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Work Experience within the NHS
- Commitment to continuing professional development
- Knowledge and application of evidence based practice and clinical reasoning
- Comprehensive Student placements ( covering - Community and Physical rehab)
- Establish and maintain CPD Portfolio
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Participation in audit and research activities
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Stoke Mandeville Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.