We are recruiting for a Deputy Divisional Directorwho shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients.
East and North Herts NHS Trust have an exciting interim opportunity for a senior manager who can demonstrate a blend of operational, strategic and compassionate leadership to join our proactive , dynamic team who is looking to take the next step in their operational career.
The position of Deputy Divisional Director for Planned Care is a key role in supporting the Divisional Leadership Team in our operational recovery and transformation required to ensure our patients receive safe, effective and responsive healthcare. This is a challenging role but in return you will be supported with your ongoing development, be part of a team who demonstrate they can make a difference and who live by the Trust values.
This is an exciting time to be joining us as we refresh the Trust strategies and work closely with our ICS partners to provide care for our patients. The division is committed to ensuring that people , both patients and staff, are our main priority with team working being a key element to our success.
Our Values are I
espect and I
mprove. It is important that you understand and refer to our values during your recruitment process and beyond!Main duties of the job
You will support the Divisional Operational Director in managing the staff and services within the planned care division, to include co-leading the implementation of strategic and operational plans set by the divisional triumvirate in order to achieve financial, operational, and transformation targets. You will line manage the general managers/departmental leads across the division and co-ordinate division-wide activities as delegated by the divisional triumvirate.
Work alongside the Divisional Operational Director, to ensure that national and local standards, policies and guidance are implemented throughout the division. You will have an oversight of all specialities operational performance within the division and contribute towards strategy development, including representing the Division and working with stakeholders across the system to facilitate improvements through change, best practice and service improvement/modernisation.
With direction from the Divisional Operational Director, responsible for managing and co-ordinating all divisional personnel, budgets and resources and supporting other heads of service within the Division to deliver requirements. The role involves project management with effective team working being essential. You will be required to work closely with the departmental leads and Trust Executive level staff to inform, negotiate and define strategy and to deliver changes as they evolve through service integration.About us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general & specialist services we provide & our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible & innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation our staff & patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We understand that finding and starting a new job is an important life decision. If you need reasonable adjustments for a disability, or a life event, such as menopause - so that we can consider your application fairly & to get the best out of you during the selection process, please let us know.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. Employees are entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns & we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made & considered formally, & will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification information pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person SpecificationQualifications/TrainingEssential
- Significant NHS management experience
- Project management experience delivering complex change across range of departments
- First degree and/ or healthcare professional
- Management qualification at Master level and /or equivalent experience that recognises highly developed and complex levels of knowledge, which enable the development of in-depth and original responses to complicated and unpredictable problems and situations.
- Demonstration and evidence of personal professional development
- Post graduate qualification
- Evidence of effectively managing large numbers of multi-professional staff in a health or other relevant setting
- Detailed knowledge of current health policy and its impact on the management and development of acute health services
- Highly specialised and extensive knowledge of disciplines within surgical and clinical support services
- Senior operational management experience dealing with complex issues across a range of services
- Providing advice to specialist and non-specialist staff
- Experience of ability to manage change quickly and effectively
- Experience of service redesign and development
- Demonstrable commitment to equal opportunities
- Evidence of robust and effective budgetary control on substantial values
- A proven record of success in managing significant operational change while also developing and maintaining high standards of care
- Experience of analysing and making judgements involving situations where there are a number of conflicting issues, and where there is no obvious outcome
- Experience of interpreting national policies and initiatives and implementing these into the workplace
- NHS Experience in a large acute Trust
- Experience in effectively managing clinical services
- Demonstrable research and development experience from inception through to implementation
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to liaise and negotiate
- Proven ability to lead teams effectively, exercising sound judgement
- Ability to think and plan strategically, tactically and creatively, and prioritise work programmes in the face of competing demands
- Ability to work cooperatively with the senior management team within the Trust and develop effective working relationships across the organisation
- Strong quality focus with an innovative approach and the ability to solve complex problems
- Evidence of innovation in previous posts
- Committed to developing self and others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, including the use of statistics and production of reports
- Computer literate including advanced spreadsheet skills
- Evidence of demonstrating sound political awareness and sensitivity to the high profile of the Trust
- Evidence of a commitment to service development
- Commissioning experience
- Site management experience
- Experience of using a continuous improvement methodology
- Good understanding of principles and practice of managing staff performance
- Sound Financial and Service Management
- Knowledge of strategies for effective change
- An understanding and experience of staff management and organisational development
- Previous experience of successfully managing capital projects
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of a commitment to promoting equality and diversity in the workplace and in the workplace and in the delivery of patient care
- Strong sense of commitment to openness, honesty and integrity in undertaking the role
- Ability to deputise for the Divisional Director when required
- Self-motivated, can do attitude
- Evidence of the ability to motivate and inspire others
- Strong persuasive and influencing skills
- Evidence of self-awareness - acknowledgement of own limitations and development required to improve
- Ability to undertake on call requirements which includes ability to attend site
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Coreys Mill Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.