Are you a highly motivated Principal Clinical Psychologist with a interest in working in hyperacute and acute stroke services?
We are seeking a Principal Clinical Psychologist to join our friendly and supportive psychology team working in stroke, neurological rehabilitation and neurology.
Ideally you'll have experience of working in neuropsychology settings and show commitment to developing in this specialism.
We are very open to those with transferable skills looking to move to a different speciality and are able to provide training and supervision (including QiCN supervision) as needed.
We also welcome applications from candidates who do not meet all the criteria but would like to be considered for a Band 7 to 8a preceptorship.Main duties of the job
The position offers an exciting opportunity to deliver specialist neuropsychological rehabilitation to patients with stroke, linking closely with our experienced medical and neurotherapy teams in the acute hospital setting.
This post will suit you if you are an individual who enjoys neuropsychological assessments, brief interventions, consultation, supervision, training, service development and research/audit. An ability to work with the wider system (e.g. non-statutory organisations, community services ) is essential.About us
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, continuing professional development and regular informal conversations around career progression, annual recognition awards to celebrate and recognise our colleagues achievements throughout the year and not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
We work hard to make sure that inclusion is part of everything we do. We know that true inclusion means we're able to provide the best care for our patients and provide a fulfilling career for all our colleagues.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London - there is truly something for everyone!
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable.
We have six active and impactful colleague networks. These networks provide a safe space for colleagues to share their experiences and learn from one another, but also influence change across our trust:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Multicultural Network
- Women's Network
- Armed Forces' Network
- LGBTQ+ Network
- Lived Experience Network, for colleagues living with disabilities
- Autistic Colleague Network
- To provide a high quality specialist clinical psychology/neuropsychology service to adults with stroke in the hyperacute stroke unit (HASU) and acute stroke unit (ASU) at Musgrove Park Hospital
- To work autonomously within professional guidelines and exercise responsibility for the governance of psychological practice
- To supervise the neuropsychological assessment and treatment provided by pre-qualification psychologists within the stroke service
- To undertake consultation, teaching, research and development activity as a major job responsibility
- To contribute to psychological aspects of policy development within stroke services
Please see Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the main duties and responsibilities.Person SpecificationDClinPsych or equivalentEssential
- Eligible for Chartered Clinical Psychologist status, and HCPC registration
- Significant psychological therapy experience with patients with stroke/brain injury
- Significant neuropsychology experience in neurological rehabilitation
- Supervision training and experience with range of staff and professions
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Specialist psychological therapy with patients with neurological conditions
- Training in two or more psychological therapies
- Post-qualification training in neuropsychological assessment and rehabilitation
- QiCN/MSc Clinical Neuropsychology
Somerset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Musgrove Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.