We are looking for an experienced Band 7 Stroke Speech & Language Therapist for a full-time or part-time role for the stroke inpatient wards at Watford General Hospital.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual, to work with a friendly team of 7 speech and language therapists
You would be a senior clinician leading and supporting a team of band 5 and 6 therapists to manage the caseload of stroke patients.Main duties of the job
Working knowledge and experience of Videofluoroscopy and Tracheostomy are highly desirable for this role.
You would be working closely with other Speech and Language Therapists and the wider MDT in a friendly and dynamic team.
The post holder must be able to demonstrate an ability to work under pressure, in a busy acute environment, as part of a team and as an autonomous practitioner.
The speech and language therapy department at West Hertfordshire provides both acute and stroke services to this busy acute hospital. We also have a strongly embedded appraisal and objective setting system which supports continuous professional development, supervision and clinical governance.About us
There has never been a more exciting time to join West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust! Major redevelopment works are due for completion by 2025 or soon after. These will be most dramatic at Watford General Hospital where up to 90% of buildings will be new.
The trust has recently gained 'teaching hospital' status which reflects the dedicated work of many teams and individuals who have set the standard for delivering high quality training, learning and education at all levels of the workforce.
We encourage and welcome people with disabilities. If you need help, please ask.
We reserve the right to close this advert early due to the volume of applicants. Please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you do not hear back within 3 weeks of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- As a registered Advanced Stroke Speech and Language Therapist to provide assessment and therapy to adults with:
- acquired communication disorders, and/or
- speech and/or
- language disorders, and/or
- eating and drinking disorders
- To coordinate and provide a highly specialist service for the Acute Stroke Speech and Language Therapy service at Watford General Hospital.
- To develop and provide a highly specialist role and to support staff working in this area.
- To use highly specialist knowledge to advise the SLT Team Lead and the Service Lead regarding service delivery issues for your clinical area.
- To work as an active member of the Adult Speech and Language Therapy team in Hertfordshire and to contribute specialist clinical expertise to local clinical networks where appropriate
Person SpecificationYour application will be scored against the Job DescriptionEssential
- To work independently to a highly specialist level and be accountable for own professional actions
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Score 0 = does not meet the person specification, 1 = reserved meets some person specification requirements, 2 = Meets all person specification requirements.
West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Watford General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.