An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic well motivated and flexible band 7 Nurse practitioner join the team within recovery at Home Sunderland
The Recovery at Home is a nurse led service based in Sunderland, which delivers rapid assessment and treatment to patients in their own home with an acute illness and/or injury. The Team provide holistic care/intervention 24/7, with the intent to prevent admission/readmission to hospital. You must be dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic with a flexible approach to working with relevant experience in an acute care environment.
You will work within Directorate One of Community Services, supported by senior colleagues who are passionate and proud of the services we deliver to our community of South Tyneside and Sunderland.Main duties of the job
We are committed to supporting and developing our staff and allowing a fair and equitable place of work by being inclusive and approachable.
The service is committed to developing new ways of working with partner agencies and the wider healthcare economy supporting people in their own homes. The Team has a strong emphasis on continuous development and learning. You will need to have proven leadership qualities and act as a resource to junior colleagues. Be able to motivate and support the team approach to delivery new and innovative models of care for patients.
You will be expected to identify and undertake a Service Improvement project. The post holder will need to be proactive with their own learning and work to identified timescales
You will possess the following:
About usPlease help us by adding your telephone number to your application form this will allow us to contact you quickly if required.
- Ist level Nurse with significant post registration experience.
- Degree in Nursing.
- Teaching and Mentoring certification.
- Clinical skills qualification and portfolio of consolidation of skills.
- Portfolio of evidence of competence and continuous professional development.
- Excellent Communication and organisational skills.
- Independent / Extended Prescriber
- Expert assessment, analytical, interpretation and clinical decision making skills
- Informal visits are strongly encouraged and welcomed by contacting the Recruiting manager to arrange this
One Team One Trust - There are many reasons to work at our Trust. From our commitment to putting people first to our accessible services and award winning teams. We have a passion for research, innovation and tackling inequalities. We are committed to respect, fairness and civility and promote a compassionate, caring and positive culture / working environment.
We welcome all applications irrespective of peoples race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion/belief, age, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity and in particular those from under- represented groups. Looking after our workforces health and wellbeing is a priority for STSFT. We also provide access to high quality education, training, career progression and support.
The Trust employs around 8,300 people and provides a range of hospital services to a local community of around 430,000 residents. We also provide a range of more specialised services outside this area, in some cases to a population as great as 860,000. We offer our staff outstanding benefits - Fitness Centre (SRH), libraries at both hospital sites, chaplaincy support and access to a Childcare Co-ordinator to help staff with childcare arrangements.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPLEASE REFER TO THE ATTACHED JOB DESCRIPTION FOR FULL DUTIES OF THE ROLE.Main Purpose of the Job
- The post holder will take a lead role in The Recovery at Home Team, providing care to people in their own homes to prevent admission/readmission to hospital and also supporting early discharge from hospital by providing rapid assessment of patients in the community over a 24 hour period.
- To work autonomously, assessing individual needs, initiating investigations, determining a differential diagnosis and initiating appropriate holistic, evidence based treatment and care. Referpatients who require medical intervention to the appropriate services
Person SpecificationSkills and KnowledgeEssential
- Undertake triage within the service determining clinical priority of calls working with the coordinator and GP ensuring teams are dispatched to respond to the referrals
- To prioritise and delegate work appropriately monitoring and ensuring safe working practice.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Extended nursing skills.
- Demonstrable leadership skills.
- Flexible working.
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve tight deadlines in a complex/changing environment.
- Be able to organise workload and work autonomously and within a team.
- Clear concise record keeping/report writing skills.
- Range of IT Skills.
- Skills in first line contact environment.
- Community experience.
- Ability to move and hand safely without causing harm to themselves or others.
- Able to meet travel requirements, drive a manual vehicle.
- Ist level registered nurse.
- Degree in Nursing.
- Mentoring and Teaching qualification.
- Clinical skill certificate.
- Non-medical prescriber/extended)
- Intermediate Life support
- Significant experience of working at a senior level caring for the acutely unwell/deteriorating patient.
- Portfolio of evidence of continuous professional development.
- Experience of leading clinical development.
- Experience of managing change and team of staff.
- Multidisciplinary and multi-agency working.
- Confident in the delivery of education.
- Mentorship/ preceptorship experience.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to undertake research.
- Ability to undertake audit.
- Previous experience of work as a nurse practitioner or working I an acute setting.
South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Independent Living Centre
Leechmere Industrial Estate
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.