The operational support manager will work within the Planned Care - Surgery Care Group, supporting the Associate Director and Senior operational manager to achieve excellence in our patient care and pathways.
- Responsibility for the day to day management, delivery and development of a number of services and teams across the Planned Care - Surgery Care Group
- Lead teams in the delivery of Trust KPIs linked to RTT pathways and cancer performance
- Supporting teams to review patient pathways, including project plans and preparation of business cases, ensuring all services deliver a high standard of care which is efficient
- Work with the Senior Operational Manager to ensure delivery of best value services.
- To have responsibility for workforce to ensure that all staff are appropriately line managed, supervised and supported in accordance with the relevant policies of the employing agencies and best practice
Consideration would be given to a developmental position, starting at Band 6.Main duties of the job
- To act with professionalism and integrity, being a role model to those around us and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity
- Find solutions to problems and be able to demonstrate a positive approach to new challenges, encouraging others to do the same
- Understand and identify barriers to understanding and communication and build skills to negotiate, motivate and persuade colleagues to contribute and agree to decisions
- To provide a service that is tailored to meet the needs of our patients and to understand what our patients/customers need and be adaptable and responsive
- Value diversity within the workplace
- To provide a high-quality customer service which complies with relevant legislation
- To be honest and learn from mistakes, and help to create a no-blame culture where people feel able to share and learn from experiences together
- Responsible for the day-to-day coordination and monitoring of the service
- To be prepared to deal with frequent interruptions
- To work as part of the Trust wide ISU team, demonstrating effective communication, and working collaboratively with colleagues inside and out of the department
- Ensure information on performance is delivered in a sensitive and comprehensive manner
Torbay & South Devon Foundation Trust, Planned Care - Surgery Care Group, is recruiting two substantive Band 7 Service Managers, although a full-time position we welcome applicants who may want to work more flexibly.
You will be an experienced, dynamic and dedicated individual who can manage a cluster of specialities, prioritising a number of tasks at the same time.
The position compliments the current structure of Team Leaders, Practice Managers and Service Managers who work closely with Clinical and Nursing leads.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a cluster of specialities from within the Planned Care team - these could include ENT, Plastics, ICU, Theatres, Breast, Ophthalmology and Orthopaedics, but is not exclusive of this list as the structure is being finalised.
Why work with us - 1 (pagetiger.com)Job descriptionJob responsibilities Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification
. Person SpecificationOperational ExperienceEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.