The post holder will be expected to:
Main duties of the job
- Demonstrate expertise in echocardiography ensuring that the service model provides demonstrably high quality patient care within financial and clinical targets
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the full range of investigations carried out by the cardiology department.
- Participate in joint lead role in the organisation of the department, provide support and carry out organisational and supervisory duties
- Take a lead role in the maintenance of standards and quality in service development Cardiology team including active involvement in the training of related staff, whist maintaining and developing their own professionalism and expert skills and knowledge.
- Cross site working within the different sites departments.
- Participate in the shift rotas, including weekend work
- Demonstrate a professional approach to patient care, and be able to communicate with patients clearly.
- Effectively communicate within the department and other departments throughout the Trust
- Work in our busy Cardiology department alongside the existing team to perform & report transthoracic Echocardiograms independently to standards outlined by the British Society of Echocardiography.
- Assist with TOE and Stress Echo procedures
- Demonstrate expertise in the performance of a range of specialist investigations carried out the cardiology department.
- Interpret technical information & data from investigations and prepare reports
- The post holder has a responsibility to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and maintain confidentiality of staff, patients and Trust business.
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's biggest and most innovative trusts. Across three main hospitals, our dedicated army of staff care for over 1.6million patients, treat more than 200,000 in A& E, deliver over 8,000 babies and carry out more than 17million tests.
Our size, scale and influence offer you unrivalled career opportunities and a forward-thinking approach to working that works around your lifestyle. From flexible hours and generous benefits, to next level training, we make it easier to take your career to the top.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For more information, please access the following link: https://www.royalfreelondonjobs.co.uk/.
Please refer to the attached Job description and Person specification for more information.Person SpecificationEducation & professional QualificationsEssential
- Degree in Clinical Physiology (Cardiology) or degree level equivalent education plus extensive experience
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- BLS plus defibrillator certification
- RCCP registration
- BSE Echocardiography
- Significant experience as independent Echocardiography
Skills and aptitudesEssential
- Working knowledge of other cardiology investigations carried out in the Cardiology
- High level of clinical and technical expertise in routine echocardiography
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience with CRT optimisation
- Experience in dysyncrony studies
- Experience in contrast echocardiography
- Experience in recruitment
- Experience in creating departmental policies & procedures
Royal Free London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.