The Business Intelligence department are the custodians of all the data within the Trust which employs approx. 10,000 staff. The Department is comprised of a team of 25 Analysts and Developers whose focus is providing insights for decision makers all over the Trust. These insights are realised through the provision of information, research and analysis to customers using products such as SSRS and Power BI. At the very heart of everything is the data warehouse which runs smoothly to feed data to all our products.
Our service enables operational and clinical staff to provide the best patient care possible and aims to alleviate pressure where it matters most. Full time: 37.5 hours per week Interview: 2nd October 2023 (TBC)Main duties of the job
As the Data Visualisation Specialist you will be responsible for Trust's Power BI enterprise strategy.
The Trust boasts an extensive suite of Power BI reports and dashboards which require an expert to manage. Keeping up to date on all the latest features and making sure story telling with data is at the heart of every report we publish.
As the ideal candidate, you will have a passion for data and enabling all our users both clinical and operational have the information they need to make the important decisions that keep the Trust ticking. Helping our team of analyst's keep up to date with their skills and abilities and keeping our style and standards guidance relevant is another key responsibility for the role.
The Trust is the middle of an EPR procurement programme which will be access to more data than we've ever had and finding new ways to unlock the intelligence behind this data and share it with users will be another exciting part of the job role.
Fully documented on-prem Enterprise Data Warehouse with high availability at your disposal.
Suite of PowerBI dashboards with fully automated data pipelines.
A team of trained analysts to call on for support and direct, spreading knowledge and coaching across the department and wider trust.About us
Join us at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and be part of a workforce of over 10,000 staff!
The NNUH is one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK, providing first-class acute care for around one million people, living in Norfolk and surrounding areas. We are a teaching and research hospital, at the forefront of innovation, home to state-of-the-art facilities, such as the Quadram Institute. We are pleased to work closely with the University of East Anglia, providing teaching opportunities for our staff and placement opportunities for their students. We attract some of the best and leading professionals from across the country and are proud that our workforce represents 94 countries from across the world.
We are a friendly, collaborative hospital, working with local services and home to N& N Hospitals Charity
We can offer you the full range of NHS benefits/discounts and in addition:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Fast Track Staff Physiotherapy Service
- Multi Faith prayer room
- Discounted gym memberships
- Excellent pension scheme and annual leave entitlement
- Wagestream - access up to 40% of your pay as you earn it
- Free Park & Ride service direct to NNUH site
- Free 24-hours confidential counselling support
- On-site Nursery
- On-site cafes offering staff discounts
- Support in career development
- Flexible staff bank
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars, Cycle to Work scheme and home electronics
The following skills and experience will be required and are essential for the successful candidates:
Please refer to the Job Description for the full specification of responsibilities and requirements for this post.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Develop intuitive, professional, and interactive data visualisations for dashboards, reports, and presentations, making large and complex data sets accessible and understandable to users.
- Distil quantitative and qualitative data to communicate compelling stories in a format that will convey its meaning to a diverse audience.
- Establish and implement data visualisation standards and templates across the ICS and explore new, cutting-edge tools to raise those standards.
- Ability to communicate and work in partnership effectively across organisational, technical, and political boundaries in both formal and informal environments to maximise the sharing of knowledge, processes and skills and develop the Trusts analytical capability.
- Collaborate with different departments including technical development teams, informaticians, clinical and operational staff to solve problems and convey key messages using data visualisation techniques.
- Proven record of working collaboratively in a team environment with a strong focus on quality and innovation.
- Provide leadership to a team of informaticians, across several organisations.
- Through the use of Agile, and other work management methodologies take ownership of individual and team workloads, keeping people informed of progress and manage expectations where necessary, ensuring that all departmental routine and ad-hoc reporting is produced to meet the agreed deadlines.
- Assist in the management of budgets allocated to the department and/or delegated budget for projects and on-going maintenance of systems. Assist in the development of business cases and negotiations with external companies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Maths, Informatics or other technically relevant degree or equivalent experience.
- Formal training, or equivalent experience, in the use of BI tools within dash-boarding, report visualisation and data storytelling.
- Significant demonstrable experience in the use of PowerBI, T-SQL, SSRS, and Excel.
- Development of intuitive, professional, and interactive data visualisations for dashboards, reports, and presentations.
Attitude & AptitudeEssential
- Project management across multiple teams. Setting short and long term plans
- Ability to develop and deliver comprehensive training material with a proven track record
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective role model, demonstrating NNUH's PRIDE values of People focussed, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence.
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Norfolk and Norwich University HospitalAddress
20 Rouen Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.