An exciting opportunity has arisen for a senior band 6 role within our head and neck specialty within theatres at RSCH.H& N is a busy specialty undertaking complex surgeries such as Free Flap reconstruction or Laryngectomy.
We are looking for dynamic experienced band 5's who want an opportunity to up skill their knowledge and experience with in a well led team, if this is you then please apply!
In brief the department comprises of nine operating theatres, including admission and discharge facilities, a ten-bed recovery, obstetric theatre and close links with neurosurgical theatres. As the regional vascular centre, and major trauma centre for the south coast, we care for some of the most acutely unwell patients in the region and cover complex major surgery in Upper and Lower GI, Gynae, Vascular, MaxFacs/ENT, Orthopaedics and Trauma. The mix of specialities and complexity of cases we have provides unique opportunity to develop your practice in areas few other hospitals can offer.Main duties of the job
- Provide exemplary planned care for patients and assist in the management and organisation of care provision in the operating theatre
- Our 2 operating theatres are busy throughout the day, but every day is never the same due to the diversity of the workload, making this theatre department a fantastic place to work
- Most importantly, our theatre staff are experienced in a variety of surgical procedures or are willing to learn new procedures and techniques under expert supervision.
- This is a full-time role covering 37.5 hours a week, working on a rota.
If you would like to know more about the role, or would like and informal visit please contact Agnieszka Majka on 01273 696955 ext 64176
The post holder will complete an orientation programme to the clinical area in accordance with the Trust's induction programme, and be expected to achieve perioperative competencies. We have an effective Practice Development team who will support your on-going professional development and promote learning opportunities.
An education/mentorship qualification is highly desirable, but not a prerequisite. If one is not held, successful candidates will be required to achieve one within 6 months of starting. This will be supported and facilitated with the help of our in-house Practice Development team.About us
Join us atUHSussex, every day is different, you can be the change, better never stops
At UHSussex we're proud to be at the heart of the NHS. As one of the UK's largest acute Trusts, we're a leading example of the excellence, the ambition and the values that have embodied the NHS for over 70 years. Improving lives:
We are a vibrant and inclusive organisation, with hardworking, talented and dedicated individuals, who work together towards a common goal, to always put our Patient First. Our mission is summed up by our 'where better never stops' motto and no matter the role at UHSussex, you will play a part in driving us forwards and in improving the lives of patients across Sussex. We treat our patients and staff with the same compassion and empathy we expect for ourselves. We're here for them when they need us, and we go above and beyond to meet their needs. This can be seen in our wellbeing programme for staff which is extensive and designed to support you when you need it because we know that to look after others we must first look after ourselves. Build a career with us:
As a university trust and a leader in healthcare research, we value learning, teaching and training so that we can be the best that we can be. From the moment you start with us and throughout your career we will help you to grow and develop. We hope that in choosing UHSussex you are choosing a long and happy career where you will be able to see the difference you make and feel valued for all that you do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Patient Care Delivery
- In conjunction with other clinical staff, participates in the setting, monitoring & evaluation of standards of care for patients.
- Using the specialist peri-operative care plan the post holder will assess, plan, implement & evaluate patient care within sphere of responsibility.
- Ensure that accurate records & information systems are maintained.
- Assist the team leader to effectively, motivate a competent workforce, facilitate & plan the delivery of high quality patient care & to provide a safe environment for the patient at all times.
- Deputise for the Team Leader by planning & organising the clinical activity on a regular basis with responsibility for the day-to-day management for a group of staff & prioritise & plan (elective & emergency) patient care within the environment on a daily basis
People Management and Development
Please see the attached Job Description for full details. Person SpecificationQualified PractitionerEssential
- Deputise for the Team Leader by planning & organising the clinical activity on a regular basis with responsibility for the day-to-day management for a group of staff & prioritise & plan (elective & emergency) patient care within the environment on a daily basis.
- Assist the team leader to actively lead in the development of their specialised areas within the peri-operative services.
- Support & participate in management initiatives as appropriate.
- Provide support to nursing & non-nursing managerial staff.
- Ensure that self & others practice in accordance with the NMC & /or HPC Code of Professional Conduct & other appropriate NMC & /or HPC, Trust & statutory guidelines
- Professional Registration NMC/HCPC
- Demonstrates post qualification theatre experience in ENT
- Demonstrates post qualification theatre experience in MAX-FAX
- Demonstrates post graduation development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Teaching & Assessing/Practice Assesor qualification or working towards
- Dual Qualification
University Hospitals Sussex NHS Foundation Trust (279)Address
Royal Sussex County Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.