Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Business Partner
Hours per week 37.50 Permanent
Salary ( �50,952 - �57,349 Per Annum)
Closing Date:27th Sept 2023
*Interview Date: 09th Oct 2023 Come and join our amazing team at George Eliot hospital NHS Trust as our newly created role of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Business Partner. If you are looking for an interesting and varied role, with a chance to make a difference to our EDI agenda, this is the role for you. *This post may close early due to high numbers of applicationsso you are advised to apply promptly.
*All correspondence for this vacancy will be sent by email please check your account regularly including your Junk and SPAM areas. *A great and friendly place to work, so bring your passion, commitment and expertiseand enjoy the opportunities to make a difference every day. *#JoinTeamEliot Main duties of the jobThis role will work closely with internal managers and leaders, including the Trusts People Board to provide expertise and advice ensuring all the organisation's policies, processes and strategies and operations are in line with our aspirations for belonging and inclusion This will include leading on programmes of work within the People Strategy and implementation plan ensuring projects remain on track and meet key achievement milestones. The post holder will lead on the delivery of assigned projects ensuring that they are on time and within budget and will co-ordinate, oversee and direct the activities of individual projects. The post holder will have line management responsibilities for the Engagement Leads and may also manage delegated budgets associated with this work if applicable. The purpose of this post is to lead the Trust in developing and implementing a holistic and overarching equality, diversity and inclusion plan to improve outcomes for the local community and Trust staff. This includes promoting a variety of schemes and working with teams, leaders, networks and managers across the Trust to promote a workforce where people feel like they belong and are valued. Equality, Diversity and Inclusion will lead the development, provision and delivery of a programme of activity, in line with the Trust Strategy and our People Strategy, valuing and enabling our people, which will improve organisational effectiveness in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.About us
Here at George Eliot our vision to 'excel at patient care'
takes centre stage. An ever evolving clinically-led acute service provider we are on a journey to continually provide high quality, safe and responsive services delivered by inspiring, friendly and compassionate staff who share our corporate values which underpin everything we do. Our values are not just words on a piece of paper, they bond us together, reflect our ambition and shape who we are: E
ffective Open Communication
cellence and safety in everything we do C
hallenge but support E
xpect respect and dignity L
ocal health that inspires confidence Benefits:
On-site nursery, 27 days minimum annual leave plus bank holidays, cycle to work scheme, flexible working, on-site discounted gym, extensive in-house course learning directory, buying and selling of annual leave, subsidised restaurant, tranquillity garden and generous subsidised on-site parking.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationExperience and KnowledgeEssential
- Lead the development and implementation of the Workforce Race Equality Standard and Workforce Disability Equality Standard Action Plans and the overall Inclusion Delivery Plan
- Completing and submitting the WRES and WDES online reporting form, developing and implementing the action plans within the timeframes associated for completion
- Working closely with colleagues across the organisation around change management, quality improvement to ensure a co-ordinated approach to Equality compliance.
- Develop effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and to promote understanding and engagement in the Equality planning and delivery process
- Lead the development of policies and guidance required for the implementation of the Inclusion Delivery Plan across the organisation including the development of service improvement initiatives including the High Impact Actions
- Identify and influence key leaders to support the cascade delivery of key projects, responding to programme needs, creating confidence supported by evidence.
- Review the performance of projects and their reporting so that all key targets are met, ensuring that there is an ongoing review of progress and where necessary, intervention to ensure that projects are delivering to the required quality and levels of effectiveness, productivity and efficiency.
- To lead on embedding and utilising the NHS Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Improvement Plan to a high standard.
- Be active in developing and promoting a cycle of diversity activities in collaboration with communications directorate, the Operational Delivery Groups, and the staff networks.
- Strategically plan activities using futures platforms and develop a calendar of events and celebrations
- Take a pro-active role in promoting internal and external Equality, Diversity and Inclusion learning and development programmes and celebrating achievements and success of Trust participants.
- Lead the production of a broad range of written professional communications tailored to identify the right channels and styles for specific audiences to raise awareness of key terms, phrases and approaches to promote equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Working in collaboration with others to develop communications plans for specific Equality and Diversity projects/campaigns
- Ensure comprehensive monitoring systems are in place to record and facilitate analysis of diversity and inclusion data in line with the national reporting requirements such as Workforce Race Equality Standard, Workforce Disability Standards and EDS2022 as well as local requirements. Provide regular written reports on the EDI agenda to the Board and the Senior Management Team, as required. Data will come from several sources and will require complex analysis.
- Lead on the development of the Trusts Annual EDI report, working closely with Staff Networks, Business Partners, People colleagues and Engagement Leads.
- Review, develop and implement the Equality Impact Assessment process for Trust policies and protocols.
- Lead on the People Workstreams in relation to EDI and engagement support and stakeholders as necessary
- Provide oversight and input on strategy development and policy changes from an EDI perspective
- Provide advice and support to strengthen established strategies to increase representation, retention and outcomes for groups with protected characteristics.
- Work with the Workforce, Health and Wellbeing and Organisational Development teams to support the Trust in becoming an employer of choice for all staff with a culture of fairness, free from discrimination and which achieves inclusion for all.
- Lead the development, publication and review of a robust and compliant Inclusion Delivery Plan and appropriate performance measures, aligned with the organisations strategic objectives, the Equality Delivery System and the People Strategy
- Lead the development and improvement of internal processes and systems that improve the organisations ability to analyse the equality impact of its policies, processes and operations on the local community and the workforce
- Providing technical Equality expertise across the organisation as required
- Develop and deliver mandatory training and development to support compliance and a deeper understanding of equality in practice across the organisation.
- To develop the intranet pages relating to Equality, diversity and inclusion
- To lead our inclusive recruitment practices, working alongside Resourcing Business Partner, looking at innovation to ensure fairness and transparency.
- To develop knowledge around all aspects of the Equality, Diversity and human rights agenda
- To keep updated on changes in local and national initiatives relating to the post
- To be an active member of identified Trust groups as required
- To chair the Trust Operational Delivery Group and report to Trust People Board on all EDI projects and updates.
- To assist in producing ad hoc reports and in project work.
- Work closely alongside Business partner colleagues and work on workstreams from a EDI perspective
- To undertake other duties commensurate with this grade of post in agreement with the relevant line manager.
- Extensive relevant skills and experience in EDI at a senior level
- Experience of leading, developing and delivering of Strategic Action Plans
- Demonstrable expertise in health inequalities
- Significant experience of report writing and presentations for a range of audiences
- Experience of successful implementation of WRES/ WDES & EDS2022
- Evidence of championing EDI across multiple settings
- Experience in project management across multiple projects
- Experience in developing proposals which are evidence based
- Experience of networking and engaging with internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of quality improvement methodology
- Successful experience of implementing initiatives to ensure sharing of good practice
- Experience of line management including staff appraisal and objective setting
- Experience of working in the NHS
- Experience of working with and leading external partners and agencies
- oDegree, or equivalent specialist experience
- oCIPD Membership
- oPost graduate qualification in a relevant field e.g. Equality, Diversity and inclusion or other related topic (or working towards this) or equivalent experience
- oEvidence of continuing professional development
- oProfessional accreditation with a body associated with equality, diversity and inclusion
- oDemonstrable evidence of equality, diversity and inclusion in an organisational setting.
- oProven ability to provide vision and, leadership
- oTraining delivery skills
- oExcellent interpersonal and communication skills
- oStrong planning and organisational skills
- oAn ability to work under pressure and to meet targets and deadlines.
- oInfluencing and negotiation skills.
- oAn ability to work effectively as a member of a team and autonomously as required.
- oInfluencing and negotiation skills.
- oPassionate about EDI
- oUnderstanding and empathy for issues faced by members of staff
- oAbility to work under pressure
- oAbility to work on own as well as across a range of service areas
- oRespect, honesty, curiosity, tenacity and commitment
- oHigh level of integrity and demonstrable commitment to social justice
- oHigh levels of social and emotional intelligence
- oWillingness to travel across the whole of the organisation and occasional travel out of region
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.