We are recruiting for an experienced Senior Finance Manager who shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients.
You will be joining the dynamic and dedicated Management Accounts team of East and North Herts NHS Trust.
This role is pivotal in supporting the Trust to meet its challenging financial targets through improving its productivity and eliminating waste and cost variation.
The successful candidate will have experience of delivering to tight deadlines and will need to have the skills to influence and negotiate with multi-disciplinary groups to drive change whilst ensuring that financial rigour is maintained.
You will be an ambitious, motivated and an experienced Finance Manager who is keen to support the financedepartment and our key operational and clinical stakeholders. You will have the opportunity to build on your previous experience to further develop your financial and leadership skills.
Our Values are I
espect and I
mprove. It is important that you understand and refer to our values during your recruitment process and beyond!Main duties of the job
To be responsible for providing a comprehensive financial management and business partnering service to a range of areas within the post holders remit, including the production of accurate and timely financial information on a monthly and ad hoc basis
This post covers a large, complex Division comprising of Clinical Specialties and Clinical support services. Key parts of this role will be to analyse the relationship between activity, income and costs for the clinical areas and identifying and securing income and managing costs.
Provide specialist strategic, financial, and business skills input into the planning of any service developments including major strategic change projects within the allocated areas. To ensure that objectives are affordable within available resources consistent with organisational financial strategy.
To deputise for the Head of Group Finance as requiredAbout us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general & specialist services we provide & our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible & innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation our staff & patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We understand that finding and starting a new job is an important life decision. If you need reasonable adjustments for a disability, or a life event, such as menopause - so that we can consider your application fairly & to get the best out of you during the selection process, please let us know.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. Employees are entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns & we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made & considered formally, & will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification applicant pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person SpecificationQualifications/TrainingEssential
- CCAB (or CIMA) recognized qualification
- Evidence of A level standard
- Minimum of two years post qualification experience at a senior level in a large and complex organisation
- Significant experience of business plans/cases for service development/change
- Efficiency plans, costing and business case planning
- Experience in compliance and integrity of finance systems
- Significant experience of working with senior management particularly General Managers, Executive Directors and Clinical Directors
- Experience of working directly with clinical staff, successfully communicating with and influencing.
- Implementation of complex new IT developments
- Good knowledge of, and commitment to IM& T development.
- Management of a large and complex cost improvement initiatives and reporting processes
- Experience of evaluating complex tenders
- Ability to plan, delegate, lead, motivate, meet deadlines, interpret and communicate complex information
- Ability to produce monthly financial statements and reports and contribute to the Annual Accounts process ensuring the Trust strict financial timetables are adhered to
- Ability to provide expert complex specialist monthly financial reports to Board level to manage performance against plan
- Ability to recruit and develop staff professionally and identify training and leadership programmes
- Ability to work under pressure and sustain concentration over long periods to tight deadlines and have good time management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and large general ledger systems
- Ability to apply knowledge to workload and demonstrate analytical skills.
- Knowledge of current international and national accounting standards
- Knowledge of best practice reporting, costing and appraisal techniques
- Sound knowledge of the NHS and related organisations
- Working knowledge of common clinical treatments to aid costing and communication with clinicians
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Understanding of, and commitment to, equality, diversity and inclusion
- Experience and evidence of engagement around equality, diversity and inclusion issues in relation to policy, service development and service delivery in respect of both services to users and the management of staff
- Experience and evidence of engagement around the equality, diversity and inclusion agenda. Able to actively support the development of a culture that recognises and promotes equality, values diversity, and actively leads by example in deploying these qualities. Understands the impact on equality, diversity and inclusion issues in all aspects of service delivery and planning
- Role model our Trust values every day
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.