A new position has arisen within the National Collaborative Commissioning Unit's Quality Assurance and Improvement Service (QAIS).
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic clinician to join our service who will be responsible for the day to day team management, leadership and continued development of a long standing designated multi-disciplinary Quality Assurance service.
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that NHS Wales commissioners for Mental Health and Learning Disabilities services are in receipt of current and evidence based assurance of services commissioned through the National Framework Agreements. They will also take a lead role in individual commissions from Health Boards, Welsh Government etc.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.Main duties of the job
To organise your own workload, caseload and work schedules in agreement with the Deputy Director.
To be responsible for the day to day management of a busy Mental Health/Learning Disabilities quality assurance service.
To work alongside other managers and be part of the senior leadership team in the wider National Collaborative Commissioning Unit.
To manage and supervise staff clinically and managerially.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will be responsible for day to day management of the clinical and non-clinical team members within the service.
Post holder will support the Directors and Deputy Directors of the the wider NCCU in ensuring delivery of all commissions.
Post holder will be expected to liaise with professionals at an executive level within the NHS, Welsh Government and Stakeholder services.Person SpecificationQualifications and/or KnowledgeEssential
- Registered clinical professional on relevant Professional Register
- Educated to relevant Master's Degree level e.g. Master's Degree in Nursing, clinical case management, or relevant health related specialty. Supplemented with equivalent combination of Educational Quality Improvement/patient experience/knowledge/qualification OR Appropriate demonstrable experience e.g. significant experience working in a similar environment at Master's Level.
Aptitude and AbilitiesEssential
- Significant management experience in a senior role, ideally within the NHS.
- Experience of successfully leading and implementing workforce management projects
- Ability to communicate highly complex technical concepts and analysis effectively to different organisations and audiences including formal presentations e.g. Board level and national conferences.
- Ability to organise, plan and priorities a complex strategic programme to meet appropriate deadlines typically involving other disciplines/organisations.
- Ability to work closely with people in other disciplines and form professional working relationships.
- Ability to positively and creatively challenge current thinking in order to develop new and better policy and operational working practices.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to meet the frequent travel needs of the post - will be required to travel to any location as required by the organisations which may be remote and distant and this may mean frequent overnight stays away from home.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
National Collaborative Commissioning Unit
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.