To provide a high standard of physiotherapy service within the Torquay zone. This will involve community rehabilitation, crisis response and Intermediate care cover. The post holder will be required to work between these area's dependant on needs of the service.
The post holder will take part in the Baywide Intermediate Care weekend rota and late duty rota within the zone.
The postholder may from time to time be required to cover other localities within the Trust.
To act as a source of expertise on the assessment and management of patients presenting with a wide range of pathologies to physiotherapists, student physiotherapists, skilled non-registered staff, other healthcare professionals, GPs, Consultants, patients and their carers.
To educate and train physiotherapists, students and other healthcare professionals in the physiotherapeutic management of chronic and acute conditions.Main duties of the job
To deliver high quality care to the housebound patients of Torquay and work as part of multi-disciplinary team and in partnership with primary care and secondary care.About us
Torquay Health and Well-Being Team are a large but supportive team who enjoys mentoring team members and students and is passionate about delivering quality care to the housebound patients. We work in an integrated way with allied health care professionals within the locality. We are a motivated and caring team to both patients and colleagues. The team is flexible and promotes a health work/home life balance.
Welcome booklets - 1 (pagetiger.com)Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFull Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification. Person SpecificationQualifications and trainingEssential
- Diploma/degree in physiotherapy State registration - current HCPC certificate
- Experience within the NHS including experience as a junior in a broad rotational post covering a range of experience in orthopaedics, elderly care, medical, surgical, neurological and musculoskeletal conditions
Knowledge and experienceEssential
- Post graduate training/experience in rehabilitation and elderly care
- Working knowledge of a broad range of musculoskeletal, neurological and medical conditions common in the elderly
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of primary care rehabilitation
- Knowledge of the relevant NSFs and clinical guidelines
- Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
89 Union House
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.