** We welcome applications from those who currently hold a UK NMC registration. If you currently hold an overseas nursing qualification and require sponsorship we are not currently direct hiring Internationally Qualified Nurses **
A rare opportunity has arisen for a registered nurse to join the team at the Munro Unit at St Richards Hospital. The Munro Unit is the Day Hospital Unit at St Richards Hospital. We are linked with Donald Wilson House, neurological rehabilitation facility.
We hold various clinics during the week for Parkinson's disease (PD) patients, elderly frail patient's risk of falls and amputee physiotherapy clinics with a strong emphasis on admission avoidance.Main duties of the job
- To support various clinics running in the Unit. This includes taking and recording patient history, observations, weight and height.
- The role also on occasion requires the ability to take blood and other samples.
- You will manage written and electronic patient records with confidentiality.
- You will also escort some patients during their appointment.
- The job also requires the post holder to assist in ensuring that clinics run in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the clinical environments reflect a high standard of cleanliness, be proactive in response to any issues raised in cleaning audits or patient environment inspections.
- Participate in the ordering and maintenance of adequate stock level in an effective manner.
- Provide some moving and handling to assist patients when necessary.
Join us atUHSussex, every day is different, you can be the change, better never stops
At UHSussex we're proud to be at the heart of the NHS. As one of the UK's largest acute Trusts, we're a leading example of the excellence, the ambition and the values that have embodied the NHS for over 70 years. Improving lives:
We are a vibrant and inclusive organisation, with hardworking, talented and dedicated individuals, who work together towards a common goal, to always put our Patient First. Our mission is summed up by our 'where better never stops' motto and no matter the role at UHSussex, you will play a part in driving us forwards and in improving the lives of patients across Sussex. We treat our patients and staff with the same compassion and empathy we expect for ourselves. We're here for them when they need us, and we go above and beyond to meet their needs. This can be seen in our wellbeing programme for staff which is extensive and designed to support you when you need it because we know that to look after others we must first look after ourselves. Build a career with us:
As a university trust and a leader in healthcare research, we value learning, teaching and training so that we can be the best that we can be. From the moment you start with us and throughout your career we will help you to grow and develop. We hope that in choosing UHSussex you are choosing a long and happy career where you will be able to see the difference you make and feel valued for all that you do.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesMain Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide high quality evidence based clinical care to patients, in line with the Trust values and in accordance with professional regulations
- Work with others to protect and promote the health and wellbeing of those in your care, their families and carers, and the wider community.
- To work in line with Trust policies, objectives, protocols and local guidelines.
- To act as a role model communicating in line with Trust values, to patients, carers and the staff at all times.
- Accept delegated responsibility for specific activities/areas from the senior nurse in charge, recognising and working within the limits of your competence.
- Take every opportunity to continue to maintain and develop your own practice.
- Facilitate students and others to develop their competence through supervision, teaching and role modelling.
Please see attached Job Description for full details. Person SpecificationRole RequirementsEssential
- To work as part of a team ensuring effective communication with all health care professionals within the clinical team and across all disciplines.
- Act as a role model within the clinical area.
- Adhere to the Trust values in all working relationships to patients, carers and staff.
- Teach/assess and facilitate learning for all learners in the ward area, particularly students and healthcare assistants having.
- Demonstrate good leadership skills and ensure that communication is effective between the patient, relatives and members of the multidisciplinary team, and ensure appropriate nursing input into patient care discussions
- Ensure communication is used effectively in the interests of patient care, including the use of handover and clinical incident reporting if necessary.
- Demonstrate politeness, courtesy and sensitivity in dealing with patients/clients, visitors/relatives and colleagues, maintaining good customer relations and recognising individuality and rights for each patient in line with Trust values.
- Work effectively within a multi-racial and cultural environment
- Current NMC Registration or evidence of soon to qualify
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of Neurological Rehabilitation
- Experience of working in an acute hospital setting or the ability to utilise pre-registration experience to demonstrate an understanding of the relevant settings
University Hospitals Sussex NHS Foundation Trust (279)Address
St Richard's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.