This exciting role within the specialist Intermediate Tier in Warrington will give any experienced nurse wishing to develop a solid foundation on which to grow their leadership carer.
Working alongside our local hospital you will assist in developing and shaping the future of the virtual ward in Warrington.
Supporting the workforce in the virtual ward you will provide leadership, advice and support in the management of patients.
Education and training is of paramount importance and you will provide a lead role in the delivery of the service.Main duties of the job
Virtual wards is a service delivered in collaboration with Warrington and Halton hospital and our local authority partner. Working in partnership with the acute trust case finders, the post holder will:
Act as a senior clinical professional within the virtual ward liaising with the multidisciplinary team to enhance effective multiagency care
To act as an independent autonomous practitioner providing specialist assessment, treatment and care of patients
Undertake complex clinical assessments and ensure the nursing team provides care in line with Trust and professional body standards
Plan capacity and demand to deliver a safe service and contribute to admission avoidance and a timely dischargeAbout us
At Bridgewater, our PEOPLE values shape how we deliver our NHS services in your local community.
They help us deliver our mission to improve local health and promote wellbeing in the communities we serve.
After all, values are about people and they were created in partnership with our staff to reflect what they felt was important to them
Here at Bridgewater our shared values flow through the organisation.P
- Person-centred-We are passionate about individual needs and promote independence in the healthcare we provide..E
- Empowered- We empower our people and encourage new ideas to deliver and create improvements in community care.O
- Open and Honest -We behave in a way that develops relationships based on trust, openness, honesty and respect.P
- Professional-We support our people, so everyone has the right skills and training to deliver outstanding patient care.L
- Locally Lead -We are always learning about our communities and show great pride in being a local provider of health and care.E
- Efficient -We use our resources wisely to provide sustainable and value for money healthcare for our patients.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPrinciple Responsibilities
To work collaboratively with Virtual ward team and Stakeholders to ensure patients needs are met
To provide leadership and support by promoting professional development and encouraging clinical supervision
Ensure that capacity is proactively managed to meet the demands of the services
To promote good team working and good working relations amongst staff.
To ensure timely accurate information is provided on annual leave, expenses and study leave
To monitor and report to line manager all HR, safeguarding and health and safety issues discussing and taking action as appropriate.
To actively manage sickness and absence of staff accessing support from their line manager as applicable
To ensure effective use of physical and financial resources including the ordering of supplies and equipment
To be responsible for the equitable distribution of rotas and prioritisation of work load
To monitor, report, audit and evaluate that staff maintain appropriate and accurate patient records
To oversee the collection of all monitoring data and contribute to performance management
To lead on the clinical aspect of complaints, taking action where appropriate to ensure learning as a result of patient/service user feedback
Investigate incidents relating to nursing practice, ensuring that learning takes place across the service,
To assist their line manager to recruit, motivate, develop support and induct staff with policy and service priorities
Responsible for own time management and that of the virtual ward team
Flexibility to participate in rota cover to meet the service needs
Work with the Virtual ward Lead and nurses ensuring the development of effective patient pathwaysManagerial
- To assist the operational manager in providing accurate data for audit, governance and service development.
- Demonstrate commitment to multi-disciplinary team working across the local health economy.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of policies, procedures and clinical guidelines as appropriate.
- To act as a role model highlighting and disseminating good practice
- To represent the operational manager at multi agency and multi disciplinary forums within there area of expertise.
- To accept delegated responsibilities from the operational manager within there scope of professional practice.
To complete comprehensive assessment of highly complex patient nursing needs. Plan, assess, implement and evaluate care delivery according to changing health needs using prescribing skills
To ensure the nursing teams practice is evidence based through undertaking audit and critically appraising literature to achieve a high standard of care
To actively contribute to multidisciplinary meetings
To establish and maintain effective communication with individual groups and communities in complex and potentially challenging situations
To involve patients and carers in the planning and delivery of care
To competently undertake as required a range of clinical skills related to the post
To maintain accurate records in accordance with NMC and Care Quality Commission standards.
To identify skills and knowledge to address self and individuals training needs by undertaking PDPs under the KSF framework
To demonstrate the ability to work without direct supervision and to solve problems in a collaborative and inclusive manner
To develop Clinical Pathways within Bridgewater, attend Clinical Team meetings and keeping up to date with clinical developments and updates
Lead audit activity as set out in the service quality assurance framework to ensure high quality care is maintained and where required, learning is embedded.
To offer advice and support to others as appropriate, acting as a positive role model, for all staff.
Where required and in line with Trust policies, address shortfalls in performance, escalating concerns to the service manager
To lead and participate in protected learning time and attend staff meetings
To maintain competency to practice through Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
To contribute to own CPD in a positive manner, evaluating ones own practice and participating in the appraisal process. Attend relevant training courses and mandatory training.
To cascade policy documents within the team ensuring their implementation and understanding
To positively represent and promote the Virtual ward Service.
To lead and engage as required in specific projects, meetings and work arising from the responsibilities of the team manager in the wider delivery of service provision.Person SpecificationSkills & AttributesEssential
- Proven management/ operational skills
- Team leadership/management
- Broad range of extended clinical skills
- Knowledge of professional and NHS issues relating to specialist knowledge
- Able to demonstrate initiative
- Able to perform comprehensive assessments
- plan, implement & evaluate care packages
- Ability to develop effective interpersonal relationships with colleagues across the health & social setting
- Effective recognition and basic knowledge of mental health
- Basic IT literacy
- IT Skills
- Basic budget awareness
- Implement audit and research
- Registered Nurse
- Clinical examination module or equivalent at level 6 or level 7
- Nurse prescriber, NMP V300 or willingness to complete
- Recognised management qualification
- District Nursing SPQ
- Leadership qualification or experience
- Knowledge and experience of working in Intermediate Care Services
- Experience of working in a community nursing environment to team leader level
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Proven leadership skills
- Demonstrable community experience
- Multi-agency working
- Working with Intermediate care services
- Health Promotion
- Managing sickness and attendance
- Recruitment and selection experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to adapt to varied working environment
- Ability to travel across the Borough
- Do you have the right to stay and work in the UK without sponsorship (share-codes will be checked if applicable)
Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Warrington Borough Council
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.