Consultant Psychiatrist - Greenwich Home Treatment Team
Oxleas House, Stadium Rd, London SE18 4QH
10 PA's / 40 hours per week. Permanent. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust as a valued Consultant based at Oxleas House, providing medical input into the Home Treatment Team in Greenwich.Main duties of the job
The home treatment team is a busy multidisciplinary service providing acute treatment to adult patients with a range of mental health diagnosis and psychosocial stressors across the borough of Greenwich. There is an additional home treatment team that will cover older adults over the age of 65 but the three boroughs' for the Trust Bexley, Bromley and Greenwich general adult mental health HTTs support this and with this in mind there may at times be patients on the general adult HTT workload who will be > 65 years of age. The caseload size varies and is not capped, please refer to the Job Description with details on the referrals made to the team for the last few months. Greenwich HTT as part of Trust acute and crisis service line will work in close liaison with Bromley and Bexley HTTs.
The post-holder will work with other members of the MDT including but not limited to nursing, social workers and psychologists who will work together to monitor individuals' safety, providing a range of interventions and working closely with families and carers.
The team work closely with the other wards based at Oxleas House Shrewsbury, Avery and The TARN and will be involved in the bed-management programme for the unit helping to facilitate discharges and help prevent unnecessary hospital admissions by working closely with community teams.About us
At Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust, we offer a wide range of NHS healthcare services to people living in South-East London and to people in prison across England. Our wide array of services includes community health care, such as district nursing and speech and language therapy, care for people with learning disabilities and mental health such as psychiatry, nursing and therapies.
Oxleas is a great place to work. It has been recognised as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work 2023 by the Sunday Times amongst very big employers. Our staff survey results show that we are in the Top 5 in England and the highest in London for staff experience amongst similar trusts.
We are always delighted to welcome new colleagues to the Oxleas family. We care about making Oxleas a great place to work - it's a big priority in our strategy. Come and join us - it's a place where our values, teamwork, equity, and wellbeing matter and where you can really help to improve people's lives. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential RegistrationEssential ExperienceEssential
- To manage, appraise and give professional supervision to junior medical staff as agreed between consultant colleagues and the medical director and in accordance with the Trusts personnel policies and procedures.
- To ensure that junior medical staff working with the post holder, operate within theparameters of the New Deal and are Working Time Directive compliant.
- To undertake the administrative duties associated with the care of patients.
- To record clinical activity accurately and comprehensively and to submit this promptly to the informatics team.
- To participate in service and business planning activity for the team and as appropriate for the whole mental health service.
- To participate in annual appraisal for consultants.
- To attend and participate in the academic programme of the Trust, including lectures and seminars as part of the internal CPD programme.
- To maintain professional registration with the General Medical Council, Mental Health Act Section 12(2) approval and to abide by professional codes of conduct.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience in General Adult Psychiatry
Oxleas NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.