We have an opportunity for an experienced dietitian to join our well-established and diverse community team for 22.5 hours (0.6 WTE) to provide multi-disciplinary led diabetes education groups and specialist diabetes clinics.Main duties of the job
The Diabetes Education Service (DES) is managed by the department of Nutrition and Dietetics. The post holder will provide a local multi-disciplinary education programme for patients with Type 2 Diabetes called Right Start
The post holder will need excellent group work and facilitation skills, good organisational skills, demonstrate a patient-centred focus and have excellent communication skills.
Experience with SystmOne is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
The post holder will also be developed, working closely with the Diabetes Specialist Dietitians in delivering diabetes specialist clinics as part of an integrated community service. The post holder will be based in the community at Featherstone Road Clinic but will need to travel to other sites to run and support the group sessions and clinics as well as have the ability to run online services as required.
Weekend working on a rotation is part of the role.About us
A dynamic multidisciplinary team of clinical educators working for, Central North West London NHS Trust and West London NHS Trust as part of Ealing Community Partners.
The successful applicant may have contact with patients or service users. As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination as this remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients and service users when working on our healthcare settings. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To plan, develop and run the structured diabetes education service for Type 2 diabetes as part of the diabetes education team.
- To work closely with multidisciplinary diabetes education team members in the community.
- Developmental opportunity to provide diabetes clinics with supervision from advanced specialist diabetes dietitians in addition to general clinics.
- To act as a source of expertise and develop and provide specialist training on diabetes and carbohydrate counting (if required)
- To develop and provide education and training to student dietitians and community groups
- To plan, conduct and present audit and research in diabetes.
- To promote the diabetes education service
- 1. Degree/Post-graduate Diploma/ MSc in Dietetics
- 2. Health Professions Council Registration
- 3. Evidence of post registration education and training including BDA specialist courses in the field of Diabetes
- 4. Formal teaching certificate or willing to undertake.
- Member of DMEG Certified XPERT or DESMOND or other accredited diabetes programmes
- Extensive experience in the nutritional management of patients diagnosed with diabetes.
- Experience of training/teaching healthcare professionals/students
- Experience of conducting audits/research and evaluations
- Experience of working effectively with minimal supervision
- . Knowledge of developing and implementing policies, guidelines, standards and implementing care pathways
- Knowledge of diversity issues and ability to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work as a team member and promote collaborative multi-disciplinary/multi-agency working
- Good planning and organisational skills. Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Good oral and written communication skills including behavioural change/motivational interviewing techniques
- Good presentation skills
Central and North West London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Featherstone Road clinic
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.