We are looking for someone with strong leadership qualities who will join our friendly and supportive team of nurses in Heatherwood Hospital Day Surgery Unit.
Day Surgery is a very busy fast paced department catering for patients having a range of surgical procedures.
The nursing team are dedicated to providing high standards of individualised quality care whist ensuring patients have the best possible experience during their stay.
You will be operationally responsible to manage day surgery unit and will be instrumental in managing patient flow and capacity working closely and collaboratively with other departments. You must demonstrate excellent EPIC, organisational and managerial skills and show a commitment to ensuring high standards of care, safety and quality are maintained.
We have recently sought and achieved GIRFT accreditation as a Surgical Hub.Main duties of the jobJOB SUMMARY:
The Unit consist of 22 individual patient PODs where we admit and care for patients having a variety of General and Local Anaesthetic procedures.
We have standardised pathways of care for many of our patients and 95% of patients booked as Day Case have been discharged successfully on the day.
This is an exciting opportunity, and we will ensure a full development and objective plan is in place for you to support you in your role.
The post holder will act as a role model to all team members in the delivery of a high standard of evidence based nursing care. The post holder carries continuing responsibility for the assessment of care needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care and the setting of standards of care.
They will manage the ward on a daily basis ensuring the highest level of patient safety and patient experience, and making effective use of resources including the deployment and supervision of staff.About usThere's never been a more exciting time to build your career at Frimley Health, one of the country's largest and most respected trusts
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust (FHFT) has an outstanding reputation and a proud record of achievement. We have an ongoing commitment to improving the health and care services for the 900,000 people we serve across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
We continue to invest in our services and facilities, including a �10 million upgrade to the hospital maternity unit as well as �49m major new Emergency Assessment Centre on our Wexham Park site. The opening of a brand new �100m state of the art hospital which replaced the existing hospital facility at Heatherwood and are planning to invest further in diagnostics and inpatient capacity at Frimley Park.
We have also made significant investment in our quality improvement and digital programmes to support our vision and we will ensure that we achieve our aim of providing the highest quality healthcare to our patients. Our new EPR - Epic - went live in June and we are already beginning to reap the benefits of this ambitious investment.
Our threecore values, and the behaviours that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other.
If you have a passion for clinical excellence, patient care and your own career development, you'll feel at home at Frimley Health.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesLEADERSHIP MANAGEMENT
- To participate in developing a shared vision of the surgical care service and collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to achieve this.
- To lead a team of nurses being responsible for appraisal, objective setting and personal development.
- To provide support and guidance to members of the team.
- To take responsibility for individual performance review and appraisal of the surgical care nurses, including personal development planning.
- To generate new solutions within own and others practice to enhance care and treatment.
- To use effective change management skills to initiate and implement service and practice developments.
- To maintain appropriate channels and styles of communication to meet the needs of patients, relatives/ carers, managers, peers and other professional/agencies.
- To use effective prioritisation, problem solving and delegation skills to manage time effectively.
- To maintain a peer network of support, information and learning with other nurse specialists at a Trust, local network and national level.
Please see Job Description and Person Specification for further informationPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Supervise the professional work of nursing staff within the ward allocating work effectively, considering skill and competency of staff and patient requirement.
- To be responsible for safe roster cover, in conjunction with ward management, to ensure that ward has effective skill mix and staffing levels to meet demand.
- Contribute to the effective management of sickness absence as per the Trust sickness absence policy.
- To participate in the recruitment and selection of staff.
- To be aware of the local and national policies surrounding health & safety, risk and security of self and others in own work area and ensuring that they are adhered to.
- To identify areas of risk and poor quality in relation to patient care delivery and reporting them as per Trust policy for reporting and investigating incidents, hazards and near misses.
- To have an understanding of budgetary control and ensuring that all resources both manpower and supplies are utilised cost effectively.
- To ensure that Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust policies and guidelines are adhered to.
- To lead regular meetings of ward staff and attend other meetings locally and national.
- Registered Nurse (current NMC registration)
- Educated to degree level/willing to work towards
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Mentorship qualification (or equivalent)
- Evidence of Management course
- Extensive clinical experience in a Day Surgery Unit or similar procedural area
- Experience in leading a team Up to date with current NHS issues/nursing professional issues
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of Decontamination services
- Experience with Lazer procedures
- Experience and knowledge of Lithotripsy
Frimley Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.