Our People and Culture Team have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Talent and Organisation Development to join Team QEH! This role will support our ambition to be the best rural district general hospital.
We are looking to enhance our existing People Services Team with a new Head of Talent and OD to support in driving our talent, succession and culture development programmes.
People are at the heart of everything we do and in-line with the NHS People plan, QEH is committed to harnessing the talents of all our people and to helping people fulfil their ambitions and potential. We firmly believe that great people are essential for the delivery of a great patient experience.
We are looking to further develop strong leadership and management capabilities at all levels of the organisation with a real focus on growing our own future talent and creating a happy, inclusive and productive working environment which portrays our values of kindness, wellness and fairness.
The role is new and will provide you with the opportunity to bring creative, innovative ideas to develop this exciting new strategy across all areas of the Trust.Main duties of the job
You will lead the design and delivery of a strategic yet pragmatic talent and organisation development programme for all staff grades within the Trust.
As a senior member of the People Services Directorate you will contribute to the development of the Trust People Plan and to building a network of positive and productive relationships across the Norfolk and Waveney Integrated Care System in support of the delivery of excellent patient care.
You will be accountable for the provision of a range of professional, effective interventions in the pursuit of a kind, fair and just culture whilst driving leadership capability and performance standards across the Trust. This includes, but is not limited to, the development of strong working relationships and healthy, happy teams, solid leadership and performance management capabilities and the delivery of the Trust culture improvement programme.
This role will require the collaborative design of learning and organisational development interventions to support the delivery of the Divisional and Directorate strategic and operational goals using internal or external resources to support. About us
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital King's Lynn NHS Foundation Trust is a 500-bed district general hospital which competes on a national level in a number of areas. We are the only acute provider within a 40 miles radius and have a key role as part of the local health economy.
We are an incredibly friendly and forward thinking Trust, which places a great emphasis on the importance of staff in providing the best possible healthcare for the people of West Norfolk, Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire. In recent years, the building has received a number of exciting renovation projects, which are aimed to provide a good experience for our patients but also for our hard working teams. We can now boast some of the best surgical theatres in the country, a specialist Breast Care Unit and a Midwife Led Birth Unit.
We have a strong ethos of being part of a team with everyone being valued and playing their part to achieve the future success of the hospital.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for further information about this role.Person SpecificationQualifications/training and professional developmentEssential
- Educated to postgraduate level in Organisational Development or equivalent level of experience of working at a similar level in a specialist area.
- Chartered Member of the CIPD (or equivalent body)
- Evidence of Continual Professional Development (CPD).
- Organisational Development or Talent post graduate level qualification
- Leading, designing and delivery of Organisation Development, Culture Improvement and Leadership Interventions
- Post initial qualification training or experience in change management, human resources, coaching and mentoring and/or communication.
- Experience and understanding of the development and implementation of performance management frameworks
Skills, abilities, and knowledgeEssential
- Experience of managing contracts for service with HEI/FEI organisations and/or suppliers
- Experience of designing and leading OD strategy development and execution
- Highly developed understanding of OD and Talent Management in a health or other complex organisational setting
- Ability to interpret and draw conclusions from complex and contradictory information
- Experience of managing staff, undertaking PDRs and sickness management, etc
- Able to manipulate data and generate reports
- Able to articulate a strong vision and/strategic direction and translate into achievable objectives and plans
- Experience of leading complex organisation through significant change.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Collaborative, engaging leadership style with the ability to motivate, and inspire others.
- Skills for communication on complex matters and difficult situations, requiring persuasion, negotiation, and influence.
- Ability to nurture key relationships and maintain networks within and without the organsiation.
- Well organised, efficient and able to prioritise conflicting demands and priorities
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital King's Lynn NHSFTAddress
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.