Job Advert - Deputy Head of Supply Chain (Whipps Cross), Procurement & Supply Chain Department
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Barts Health NHS Trust Supply Chain Team as Deputy Head of Supply Chain for our Whipps Cross hospital site. The post holder will be responsible for provision of the day-to-day Supply Chain operational service to wards and departments in the Trust as part of the overall Procurement Team. The post holder will support the development and implementation of the Barts Health Supply Chain Transformation strategy, with particular emphasis on Atticus Inventory Management System deployment to the supply chain warehouse facility based at Whipps Cross. The warehouse facility was developed for the storage of PPE during the recent COVID pandemic, we now have an exciting opportunity to redevelop this space to support the trust in saving opportunities.Main duties of the job
Excellent communication, staff management, organisational and interpersonal skills are essential. You will also need to be flexible and be able to work across multiple sites. Computer literacy would be essential as you will be expected to work within excel, the trust Inventory Management System and other Procurement and Supply Chain related systems. Warehouse experience his highly desirable.About us
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together. We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
If you are interested in applying but would like further information about the role, or wish to have an informal discussion, please contact Becca Bines email@example.com
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience, and knowledge required. For both documents, please view the attachment/s below.Person SpecificationQualifications and knowledgeEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Professional user Atticus Inventory Management System
- Knowledge of all Procurement systems and relevant interfaces
- Membership of (or studying for) the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) or other relevant professional qualification
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in logistics, inventory control and supply chain management
- Demonstrable staff management and development experience.
- Proven proficiency in the use of Procurement and Inventory Management Systems, ideally within a healthcare setting.
- Understanding of DHSC Scan4Safety guiding principles underpinned by GS1 and PEPPOL (Pan European Public Procurement OnLine) standards.
- Managing Warehouse facilities and all aspects of operational requirements.
- Significant previous experience of project management within a complex organisation
Personal and people developmentEssential
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Able to provide, receive and present highly complex, sensitive or contentious information.
- Effective communicator with diverse audiences: able to communicate to a wide range of internal guiding them to a certain course of action.
- Able to develop and deliver formal, complex presentations to groups.
- Strong organisational and project management skills, with the ability to influence and build positive and productive relationships at all levels.
- Ability and desire to work as part of a team: listening and learning from others regardless of hierarchies sharing ideas, engaging in open and honest debate adapting plans based on relevant information and knowledge.
- Able to plan and organise a broad range of complex activities formulating, adjusting plans or strategies.
- Developed analytical skills.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Possess a positive attitude and be self-motivated
- Strong motivational management skills
- Experience in identifying development and training opportunities for staff or co-workers
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
Whipps Cross Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.