Successful candidates will play a crucial role in our Frailty Same Day Emergency Care (SDEC) unit.We are looking for a dedicated individuals who can demonstrate that they are committed to improving the care we give to frail older adults. Can provide leadership and guidance within the specialty of Frailty.Main duties of the job
- To co-ordinate and manage the daily running of the Frailty SDEC unit.
- To facilitate prompt patient reviews.
- To expedite patient discharges in line with the principles of Same Day Emergency Care.
- To provide professional leadership and effective management of staff and resources ensuring high standards of care.
- To co-ordinate and deliver, appropriate teaching and education to all staff.
This will be a 7 day a week service with planned opening between 08:00 - 20:00
- To establish and maintain effective communication with patients and families along with individuals and groups at all levels of the organisation.
- Develop skills and knowledge and contribute to the development of others.
- Monitor health, safety and security of self and others within the unit.
- Day to day management of a team of staff.
- Ensure effective systems are in place for the collating and communication of data collected. Ensure confidentiality at all times
We are a small unit and as a team we support each other and always put the needs of the patient central to all we do.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesWhat should you do next?
Have a look at the job description and if you like what you see then apply today. Dont miss this fantastic opportunity to work with a great team in a supportive environment within a great institution. Your NHS needs you!Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse level 1
- Teaching certificate - ENB 998 or equivalent
- Demonstration of commitment to ongoing personal development
- Degree / diploma or an equivalent level of knowledge in wider health care
- Management type certificates / study
- Evidence of former professional development.
- Experience at a band 5 or 6 or equivalent in frailty or an acute setting with at least 3 years post qualification experience.
- Evidence of teaching in clinical practice
- Team leader or people management experience.
Evidence of Knowledge/ skills/ aptitudesEssential
- Experience of implementing change
- Experience within the field of Same Day Emergency Care
- Experience within the field of Frailty
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Able to demonstrate a flexible approach to the provision of holistic, clinically effective care
- Awareness and Knowledge of the dignity in care agenda.
- Ability to evidence/demonstrate key values and behaviours in line with the Trust framework: oPatient Centred oSafety oCompassion oRespect and oExcellence
- IT skills
- Extended roles Venepuncture, Cannulation and ECG recording
- Undertaken the four HR training courses, recruitment and selection etc.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to work on own initiative
- Commitment to MDT working
- Flexible and proactive in approach
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Lincoln County Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.