We are recruiting for a Digital PMO Officer who shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients.
The Digital PMO Officer's prime responsibility will be to support the Head of Digital PMO to manage the full range of PMO activities across a large investment portfolio. This role will closely work on development of the templates, processes, and controls to grow maturity of the digital PMO as well as involvement of tracking and realisation of project related finances, deliverables, and benefits.
This post-holder will facilitate the PMO remit appropriately to implement tools, processes, and governance to align with the end-to-end planning and delivery process for all projects from initial feasibility through to financial approval, design, delivery, and completion, to enable Project and Programme Managers in delivering projects on budget, on time and to a high standard of quality.
The role requires excellent people, organisation, communication skills coupled with project management skills to ensure the integrity of the individual projects. The successful candidate will need to have experience of working with varied stakeholders at different levels within multidisciplinary teams and have worked within a PMO function.
Our Values are I
espect, and I
mprove. It is important that you understand and refer to our values during your recruitment process and beyond!Main duties of the job
The Digital PMO Officer works within the digital project management office and provides guidance and support to Executives Directors, digital senior leadership team, programme and project managers, and any other team members who have an interest.
The post holder will also provide project support activities working closely with the Head of Digital PMO, Project and Programme Managers on projects and work packages. This will involve the business case development, all planning activities, risk, issue, and action logs management, monitoring and co-ordination of tasks, and representing the Project Managers in their absence. When assigned to a project, the post holder will ensure that, together with the Project Manager, assigned project(s) produce the required deliverables within the defined quality, time, and cost constraints and to facilitate full realisation of identified benefits. Project manages a specific project within a site or health economy. Supports, facilitates, and monitors progress of project within site(s) or health economy. Supports performance improvement.
You will develop strong relationships with a broad range of key stakeholders to ensure the PMO provides effective support of strategic planning, financial and benefit tracking, stage gate reviews/sign off.About us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general & specialist services we provide & our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible & innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation our staff & patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We understand that finding and starting a new job is an important life decision. If you need reasonable adjustments for a disability, or a life event, such as menopause - so that we can consider your application fairly & to get the best out of you during the selection process, please let us know.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. Employees are entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns & we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made & considered formally, & will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification applicant pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person SpecificationPrevious ExperienceEssential
- Requires PRINCE 2 project support (at min. foundation level)
- Experience and understanding of benefits realization support.
- Experience of analysing and interpreting large amounts of data to identify trends present back summaries of findings
- Experience of monitoring and reporting of a progress against targets, while working with senior managers
- Experience of developing reporting tools and database
- Experience of development and implementation of project management template and tools
- Experience of change control management, implementation, and coordination
- Experience of implementing tools, processes, and controls
- Experience of monitoring budgets
- Experience benefits identification, tracking, co-ordination, and analysis
- Experience of supporting to deliver a technical project in a digital environment.
- Experience of Project/Programme co-ordination, governance, and reporting
- Administrative activities and excellent keyboard skills
- Ability to understand changing environment and being able to exercise flexibility, switch between different way of working for the benefit of project and wider organisation.
- Ability to understand and communicate a range of IT issues which can be complex and multi-stranded.
- Ability to link own elements of the project with the wider project and other projects/initiatives
- Ability to plan elements of projects across different hospital sites/teams/services.
- Ability to analyse a range of facts or situations, requiring comparison of a range of options.
- Ability to analyse assessments of a situation and resolve failures to meet standards
- Ability to understand current processes, ways of working and their purpose and to identify and develop improvements whilst considering impact on project, business area and stakeholder
- Ability to lead solution focused discussions.
- Attention to detail and an ability to provide information reporting at a high standard.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in the use of the internet, MS Word, Excel (at least intermediate knowledge, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Teams suite, Outlook
- Ability to learn rapidly and track and understand a complex range of multifaceted activities within individual areas, some of which may be linked to one another
- To work independently and without supervision and be responsible for own workload, assuring agreed objectives are met
- Work under pressure with strict deadlines, constantly changing priorities and a complex political agenda
- Ability to manage a series of concurrent and consecutive pieces of work
- Ability to adapt personal style to meet the circumstances of a situation.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentational communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills in group and one-to-one situations with strong negotiating, influencing and persuasion abilities.
- Sound understanding of best practice and industry trends in project/ programme management.
- Demonstrable experience of identifying and managing project interdependencies
- Educated to first degree level or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the PRINCE2 methodology and the PRINCE2 Foundation qualified
- Good working knowledge of a wide range of IT packages including MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Good understanding of budget monitoring and Purchase Order processing
- Knowledge of governance structures and how their hierarchy integrates to support the delivery of a large programme of work
- Understanding of the basic change process and has an appreciation for change management and its importance in enabling an organisation to meet immediate and future challenges
- Knowledge of business case production and its composition
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Benefit Management Foundation qualified
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Lister Hospital Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.