We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and innovative team player to join our friendly Podiatry team (@Nelft_Podiatry on Twitter) within NELFT.
Our Podiatry Department provides services to a high risk, multi-cultural populationacross the London boroughs of Waltham Forest & Redbridge.
Our friendly Podiatry Service pride themselves on their close working together as a very friendly and approachable close-knit team with effective communication.Main duties of the job
Your clinical work would be across an array of community & domiciliary settings across these boroughs, and a car is therefore essential to this role
. You would be responsible for treatment planning for foot complications associated with diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis and vascular / ischaemic long-term conditions and would be part of the team treating foot ulceration in the community.
As a department we pride ourselves on being innovative and forward thinking and have MolecuLight i:X technology & Toe Pressure kits available across our wound care clinics.
We are committed to CPD and training initiatives to achieve personal as well as service objectives and there are opportunities to rotate into our Biomechanics and Nail Surgery Teams, and specialise.
Please refer to the attached Job Description & Personal Specification for full details.About usCOVID-19 Vaccination
We continue to encourage all staff to ensure that they have been double vaccinated and received their booster. We recognise that taking the vaccine provides the best defence against COVID 19 for our patients, our staff and their families. Probationary Period
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff). Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focusing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex. High Cost Area Supplement - London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (minimum payment of �4,313 and a maximum payment of �5,436 per annum pro rata).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
This vacancy would suit a qualified Podiatrist who has worked within the NHS environment for at least a year and enjoys rising to these challenges.
We are a high risk service, so the appropriate podiatry skills are required for the high-risk foot.
A Band 6 Specialist Podiatrist is responsible for providing programmes of clinical podiatric care to high-risk patients with a variety of podiatric needs in the community, hospital and domiciliary setting and will have autonomous responsibility for the specialist assessment of patients including those with multiple pathologies using clinical reasoning skills and diagnostic techniques. Evaluating the patients progress and altering care plans if required.
Care is provided into the specialist areas of the service as required eg, diabetes, biomechanics, nail surgery, wound care.
As a department we pride ourselves on being innovative and forward thinking and have MolecuLight:iX technology as well as Toe Pressure Kits in all of our high risk clinics to undertake the recently highlighted '2 minute Toe Pressure challenge'.
We have an MDFT at Whipps Cross Hospital and also work closely with the Podiatry team (part of an MDFT) based at The Royal London & St Bartholomew Hospitals, which has provided fantastic shadowing & learning opportunities.
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further details on this vacancy.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc Diploma/Degree in Podiatric Medicine
- Evidence of continual Professional Development
- Evidence of post graduate training or equivalent experience
- Registration with HCPC
- Prescription only medicines certificate (included in BSc degree from 2001)
- Minimum of 1 year working in the community/ experienced Band 5 passed probation
- Experience of communicating across internal and external boundaries
- Experience of governance , quality and audit
- Experience of multi-agency working
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to balance competing priorities to meet personal and directorate targets within a fluctuating and demanding workload
- Knowledge of current NHS strategy , and clinical governance priorities
- Basic awareness of IT and IT skills
- Enthusiasm, integrity, confident, positive attitude
- Commitment to own development
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational and clinical skills
- Experience of RIO electronic patient record system
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Applicant will need to be car driver with valid UK Licence (this criteria will be reasonable adjusted to meet the requirements of a disabled applicant) and access to a car for work purposes. As they will need to travel throughout the area and provide podiatry for a domiciliary high risk caseload
NELFT North East London Foundation TrustAddress
Across Redbridge & Waltham Forest Boroughs
(Head Office) Manford Way, Chigwell, Essex, IG7 4DF
Redbridge & Waltham Forest Boroughs
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.