We're looking for a number of Senior Data Engineers to join our innovative team at Somerset Foundation Trust. Following a recent merger we have exciting opportunities in the area of Data to bring a wide selection of systems together.
As Data Engineers you will bring your in-depth knowledge of NHS data and wider data solutions to help shape and solve some of these key challenges.
Our data engineers work with many systems from across the Trust and build pipelines to process it, control quality and present it for analysis and effective use.
You'll play an integral part in developing specific pipelines related to these systems and help to modernise the Data flows around the trust.
This role is Monday - Friday and offers a hybrid model of work with a minimum of 1 day per week in the Taunton or Yeovil office.Main duties of the job
- Support the design and build of data pipelines from clinical systems to our Data insights warehouse, using languages such as SQL and Python.
- Support in the development of New ways to store and present data
- Produce logic for data transformation steps as code, meeting the requirements for our end users.
- Communicate between technical and non-technical stakeholders as well as facilitate discussions within a multidisciplinary team.
- Keep abreast of best practice in data engineering across industry, research and Government and facilitating the adoption of standards.
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, fantastic pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will to experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The successful Data Engineer can listen to the needs of technical and business stakeholders, interpret them and effectively manage stakeholder expectations. To succeed in this role, you will also have some of the following skills:
- Understanding and working knowledge of information governance and data security approaches appropriate for sensitive health data.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of NHS data sets
- Knowledge of health record coding systems and data standards (e.g., ICD, READ and SNOMED codes).
- Familiarity with a range of data structures and standards, with experience with OMOP and FHIR being desirable.
- Experience with the design and deployment of complex data schemas.
- Experience in validating and cleaning complex datasets.
- Experience building and maintaining robust, scalable and efficient pipelines capable of processing very large amounts of data from one or multiple systems.
- Familiarity with NHS RAP and NHS R
- Highly proficient in SQL, SSIS, Python.
- Familiar with version control and Git/GitHub.
- Follow best practices like code review, clean code and unit tests.
- Experience working with data lakes Knowledge or experience with Spark, Databricks
- Understanding of common data transformation and storage formats
- An understanding of cloud environments and workflow management systems would also be beneficial
Monitor the extraction, transformation and loading of Trust data from a range of clinical and business systems into the Trust Data Insight and warehousing solution and ensure that the processes developed for these flows maintain data integrity and can function efficiently in their allotted processing slotsPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Qualification HND/NVQ4 or Equivalent
- Degree Qualification
- IT Related Qualification
- Language and Tools
- Information Governance
- Source Control GitHub or similar
- Project work or management
- NHS Experience
- Data warehousing and Project Management
- Ability to convey Technical information
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Warehouse methodologies
Somerset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.