The pharmacy department at Sheffield Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust comprises of approximately 450 staff working across 5 sites delivering care to patients from all over the country.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated pharmacist to join the rotational clinical pharmacist team. This post will help us deliver high quality clinical care to specialist areas such as oncology, admissions, neurosciences, orthopaedics, ENT, cardiology, critical care, infectious diseases, antimicrobials, renal and neonatology/women's services.
You will work alongside Advanced Clinical pharmacists, medicine management technicians, medicine management assistants and be a valued member of the multi-disciplinary team. The role offers opportunities to develop and grow into a fantastic clinical pharmacist and ability to develop your clinical skills, including service evaluation and leadership whilst working through the Advanced pharmacy framework (in house training).
As well as a certificate in clinical pharmacy (or equivalent) , you will also need good interpersonal, communication, time management and analytical skills. In addition, you will contribute to pharmacy services in the evenings and weekends, thus maintaining your basic skills and competence.Main duties of the job
- Provide and develop specialist clinical pharmacy services to a ward, or group of wards in accordance with the Clinical Pharmacy Standards and Guidelines.
- Communicate with patients, carers or other healthcare professionals regarding medication issues
- Contribute to departmental audits.
- Produce and implement guidelines, protocols and SOPs
- Contribute to service development projects
- Participate in the education and training of pre-registration pharmacists, other pharmacy staff and healthcare professionals.
- Mentor and support the band 6 post-registration pharmacists.
- Contribute to the departmental weekend, bank holiday, late night rota
- Work as an independent pharmacist prescriber (will be supported to undertake the prescribing course if not currently an independent prescriber)
You will be working for an organisation which values and respects all of its staff and the community it serves. The Trust is a leader in the NHS and research sectors and provides excellent benefits for its staff. This includes commitments to professional development but also many policies to support employees in balancing their personal and professional lives.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease view the attached Job Description and Person Specification documents for full details regarding this post. When completing your application please ensure that you clearly demonstrate how you meet the role criteria.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- Registered pharmacist with General Pharmaceutical Council
- Post graduate certificate Certificate in Clinical Pharmacy or equivalent
- Post-graduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy (or equivalent)
- Relevant post registration experience in clinical pharmacy
- Experience in a wide range of clinical pharmacy specialities
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Experience of providing on call services and lone working
- Experience of working within service development projects
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Achievement of dispensing and checking competency
- Completed all clinical & professional sections of the Medicines Learning Portal required of foundation pharmacists
- Excellent communication skills
- IT competency
- Ability to prioritise tasks and time
- Good team worker
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Northern General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.