Are you a qualified ANP/ACP or currently in the final stages of an ANP/ACP training pathway looking for a new challenge?
Do you want to work in services where we are challenging the traditional flow of patients through the system and finding new ways of giving inpatient treatment on an outpatient basis? If so then this new opportunity may be for you.
We are advertising for a rotational post within Acute Medicine which will give the successful post holder ability to work as part of the Acute Take team, within our Ambulatory Emergency Care Unit and our Virtual Ward (dependent on experience).
With a key focus on expanding and improving our service we have ongoing links with the national and regional NHSE SDEC team, and our services have been the subject of various case studies and pilots for national work. We have a focus on increasing access from 999/111/Primary Care and are keen to continue to expand and deliver cutting edge and be at the forefront of this exciting and expanding speciality. We are also one of the first trusts to offer a virtual ward within acute medicine to give further alternatives to admission and are currently aiming to expand this team further in the coming months with us managing over 1000 patients through this service in it's first 10 months.Main duties of the job
This is primarily a clinical role in assessment, diagnosis and management of patients within the Acute Medicine but candidates will also be expected to work across the other pillars of advanced practice.
We have highly functioning Acute Medicine SDEC units on both our Frimley Park and Wexham Park sites which aim to provide rapid assessment and decision making, urgent investigations and treatment to avoid unnecessary admissions and improve the patient pathway for over 40% of the acute medical take. We also have ACP roles within our Acute Take team (currently only Wexham Park) and our recently opened UEC Virtual Ward and so are now able to offer rotation through these three areas (dependent on experience) to give higher job variability and experience in a multitude of environments.About us
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust provides NHS hospital services for around 900,000 people across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
As well as delivering excellent general hospital services to local people, we provide specialist heart attack, vascular, stroke, spinal, cystic fibrosis and plastic surgery services across a much wider area.
We have three main hospitals - Frimley Park in Frimley near Camberley, Heatherwood in Ascot and Wexham Park near Slough.
Our three core values, and the behaviours that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other, Committed to Excellence, Working Together and Facing the Future.
We are also proud to host the Defence Medical Group South East at Frimley Park with military surgical, medical, and nursing personnel working alongside the hospital's NHS staff providing care to patients in all specialties.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Due to additional funding being provided we have the exciting opportunity to take on either an experienced and appropriately qualified ANP/ACP or someone who have already completed the first 2 years of their ACP/ANP pathway and are committed to develop towards a full qualification who can join us as a Trainee ACP in this rotational post within Acute Medicine. Rotation will be through our SDEC unit, Acute Take team and our Virtual Ward for acute medicine (dependent on experience).
Applications are invited from enthusiastic professionals who have substantial experience working in Emergency or an Acute Care setting either as a qualified ANP/ACP or currently on an ANP/ACP training pathway and who can demonstrate proven self-professional development. You will need to be innovative, dynamic, with enhanced clinical skills and have a good understanding of the processes and demands of Acute care. For a full list of responsibilities and tasks associated with this role, please refer to the job description/person specification attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Current unrestricted registration as a Nurse, Midwife or AHP
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practice or equivalent qualification
- Teaching and assessing/mentorship qualification
- Registered Independent Prescriber (if relevant to role)
- Resuscitation/Life Support course (if appropriate to area and role)
- GCSE English and Mathematics at grade C or above (or equivalent qualifications)
- Leadership qualification/course
- ALS/ ATLS/ ETC/ APLS/ EPALS (as relevant to role)
- Minimum of 5 years post registration experience
- Minimum of 2 years' experience within the speciality
- Evidence of ability to work & lead autonomously at advanced practice level
- Management of patients with complex needs
- Evidence of delivery of training
- Clinical Supervision experience
- Contribution to audit
- Ability to initiate, sustain and evaluate change within a variety of clinical situations
- Management & Leadership experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Advanced Clinical Practice skills
- Clinical Examination skills
- In-depth knowledge of current practice issues
- Skills in critical analysis & application of research to practice
- Ability to work across professional and organisational boundaries, to negotiate effectively and resolve complex problems
- Evidence of good written and oral communication skills including presentations
- Able to recognise and analyse complex situations and take appropriate solutions
- Ability and initiative to develop specialist areas of interest
- Flexible approach to shift patterns and service delivery
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel to different sites within and external to the Trust (dependent on role)
Frimley Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Wexham Park & Frimley Park
Slough & Camberley
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.