An exciting opportunity has arisen to work collaboratively with the leadership teams on our wards and departments throughout Medicine, to support the integration of newly recruited International Nurses into our nursing teams. We are looking for an experienced nurse with excellent communication skills and a portfolio that includes an enhanced level of nursing knowledge and experience of working as a Clinical Educator.
The successful candidate will be expected to be a visible presence on the wards/departments within medicine and work alongside our overseas colleagues to support a smooth transition into clinical practice within the organisation. Additionally, the successful candidate will be expected to work collaboratively with the Practice Development and Education Department to support the facilitation of international nurses, from point of recruitment into clinical practice through preceptorship.Main duties of the job
Working in conjunction with Practice Development Nurse colleagues and our quality improvement team to take responsibility for developing, overseeing and delivering staff development within our International Nurse Recruits. Assist mentor leads in supporting staff with compliance with Trust mandatory training requirements for these colleagues.
Ensure a high standard of evidence-based nursing practice by working alongside our international recruits.
To support the delivery of a high quality, safe and compassionate healthcare service, all staff are expected to act as a role model to others in all aspects of their work and consistently demonstrate NNUH's 'PRIDE' values of People focused, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence.About us
Join us at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and be part of a workforce of over 10,000 staff!
The NNUH is one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK, providing first-class acute care for around one million people, living in Norfolk and surrounding areas. We are a teaching and research hospital, at the forefront of innovation, home to state-of-the-art facilities, such as the Quadram Institute. We are pleased to work closely with the University of East Anglia, providing teaching opportunities for our staff and placement opportunities for their students. We attract some of the best and leading professionals from across the country and are proud that our workforce represents 94 countries from across the world.
We are a friendly, collaborative hospital, working with local services and home to N& N Hospitals Charity
We can offer you the full range of NHS benefits/discounts and in addition:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Fast Track Staff Physiotherapy Service
- Multi Faith prayer room
- Discounted gym memberships
- Excellent pension scheme and annual leave entitlement
- Wagestream - access up to 40% of your pay as you earn it
- Free Park & Ride service direct to NNUH site
- Free 24-hours confidential counselling support
- On-site Nursery
- On-site cafes offering staff discounts
- Support in career development
- Flexible staff bank
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars, Cycle to Work scheme and home electronics
Please refer to the Job Description for the full specification of responsibilities and requirements for this post.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Ensure the practice of self and others is in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct and work within limits of competence
- Maintain a high standard of nursing care by upholding policies and guidelines and acting as a professional role model
- To be responsible for and supervise the assessment planning and implementation of individual care needs of the patient and evaluate programmes of care
- To organise/supervise admission, discharge and transfer of patients, identify where problems occur and initiate measures to address these
- Ensure effective assessment and delegation of workload to staff, ensuring that their duties are carried out efficiently and competently
- Be responsible for the continuity of care, ensuring adequate reporting and handover arrangements when working in the clinical areas of
- Have a highly advanced range of clinical skills to participate in Enhanced Practice initiatives and develop the practice of others
- Maintain accurate nursing records of all care given and prompt best practice throughout the nursing team
- Demonstrate competency in participating in emergency procedures, g. cardiac arrest, sudden collapse
- Understand and implement the Major Incident Policy when required, ensuring nursing teams are aware of and understand their role as outlined by the policy
- BSc/Nurse Practitioner Degree
- Evidence of ongoing professional development and post registration studies in a clinical portfolio
- Registered Nurse/AHP with extensive post-registration experience
- Experience of leading a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of helping others to develop their skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective role model, demonstrating NNUH's PRIDE values of People focussed, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Norfolk and Norwich University HospitalAddress
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.