Come and join us as we define and deliver a new digital strategy and embark on a wide range of infrastructure and digital service improvement projects ensuring we provide great services to the people in our communities. You will have a passion for technology and be an advocate for the impact that good project management can have on an organisation.
You will have the opportunity to shape our project management approach, helping us to introduce the best practices described by the NHS service standards. We are looking for someone who understands traditional project management!
We recruit for enthusiasm, attitude and values and want to support and develop the right candidate. When you apply you should look at the job description with that in mind and don't worry if you can't 'tick-off' every criteria. Join us to develop yourself, our team and to make a difference to everyone we serve.Main duties of the job
In this role you will work with both frontline and support colleagues on a range of interesting and complex digital projects. You will manage projects from initiation through to successful completion, creating productive project structures and teams to control, monitor and report progress against intended objectives and benefits. Examples of current and forthcoming projects include:
- Implementation of a new Trust wide Wi-Fi solution
- New services to support cyber security improvements
- Integration of clinical systems with a new EPR
The post holder will be responsible for all stages of project development, from documenting the initial mandate, developing business cases, implementation planning and management and ensuring a managed project close. The post holder will ensure realistic project, quality and risk management plans are prepared and maintained.About us
We are passionate about providing the very best care to the people we support, and we're looking for amazing people who share this passion to join us. What is it that makes our Trust such a special place to work? Well, it's all about the people. Our staff, service users, carers and families all come from such diverse backgrounds and all have expertise and stories to share.
It's important that you feel supported in your role, that the people who you work with are as passionate as you are and that your health and wellbeing is taken care if you're interested in developing your career, you'll have access to a range of training and education opportunities, including apprenticeships, work experience and placements, as well as the chance to get involved in research.
We are all very proud of the difference we make to people's lives each and every day and if that's something that you'd like to be part of we'd love to have you with us.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesProject Management
Communication and Relationship Skills
- Provide end to end project management from initial stakeholder engagement and business case development through to service transition and benefits realisation.
- Manage risks, issues, dependencies and budget within the project, escalating through project and organisational governance structures as required.
- Use appropriate project management approaches, that are best suited to individual projects, increasing the awareness of and adoption of Agile methods.
- In collaboration with the project team, using SharePoint Online and Monday.com, develop project documentation including high-level plans and detailed work packages.
- Prepare highlight, progress and exception reports for projects, presenting to boards and facilitate meetings to support decision making.
Analytical and Decision-Making Skills
- Build relationships and effective lines of communication with key stakeholders at all levels and establish practices (such as users stories) for clearly articulating benefits and outcomes
- Communicate (in a non-technical manner) project information to senior managers, clinical and administrative staff throughout the organisation.
- Work with established user groups and directly with service users where appropriate to create a user centred approach to projects
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive and contentious information orally, in writing and electronically to inform directorates, divisions and stakeholders. This may include confidential data.
- Manage relationships between project stakeholders, mediate to resolve conflict and escalate appropriately.
- Motivate project teams consisting of members of staff from across the organisation throughout the project lifecycle.
Planning and Organisational Skills
- Analyse and prioritise using information from various sources. For example, the impact of operational commitments and plans that compete for resources essential to your project's success.
- Understand the environment into which new services or changes will be introduced and make assessments about the support that the project will need to provide to fully realise the benefits.
- Monitor progress of defined aspects of specific projects, identifying threats to be mitigated or opportunities to be exploited.
- Independently provide assurance to business cases and documentation for other projects as part of a team of project and change professionals.
- Utilise change management skills to analyse and where required implement changes to business processes to ensure successful project outcomes.
- Assess and prioritise you own and the project teams workload within given time frames to meet deadlines
Person SpecificationKnowledge & SkillsEssential
- Lead the organisation, planning and facilitation of complex meetings, such as project boards and sprint meetings
- Contribute to the improvement of project management practices and processes, working closely with colleagues in the PMO
- Lead engagement with external organisations and suppliers ensuring processes ensure that their requirements and dependencies are managed
- Ensure that plans for the smooth transition of changes into day-to-day operation are considered and use annual planning processes to secure funding for long-term sustainability
- Good communication skills, both written (complex report writing) and spoken, including formal presentation / facilitation skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft products in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint (desktop and online), Teams, SharePoint (or similar technologies)
- Ability to set out conclusions and recommendations clearly and concisely in a range of styles to reflect the needs of the audience.
- Ability to present effectively to large groups including senior staff
- Confidently facilitate workshops, generating enthusiasm and support from participants
- Ability to create a clear project plan and prioritise workloads and resource them in response to changing demands and requirements.
Training and QualificationsEssential
- Knowledge of Agile project management methodologies
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Evidence of significant continuing professional development
- Project management qualification or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of project management in the design, development and implementation of change management
- Knowledge of organisational change andor frameworks or processes that can embed continuous improvement
- Significant experience of working in an autonomous way, working within defined parameters to meet defined objectives and make rational decisions
- Experience of providing specialist service change and modernisation advice to a range of professionals and in various environments.
- Experience of working in a change environment with multiple stakeholders, across organisational boundaries and securing their engagement
- Experience of influencing staff at all levels to ensure project objectives are owned by all members of the teams including users and stakeholders.
- Experience of working across organisational boundaries and multiple services
- Evidence of successful delivery of financial and/or quality benefits within agreed timescales
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of the ability to persuade teams to take on new ways of working and to consistently challenge the status quo
- Experience of developing, monitoring and managing budgets
Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
45 Wardsend Road North
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.