There has never been a better time to join the Business Intelligence department at UHDB, we are looking for two talented, experienced and enthusiastic individuals to support the Data Warehouse team.
Join us as we embark on the most exciting journey over the next 2 years. Help us shape the future of data warehousing at UHDB by taking a key role in our data warehouse architecture, embed CICD and migrate to a new electronic patient record system! A few quotes from some of our existing Data Warehouse Specialists to give you a feel of what it's like to work with the team:
I love working with our team, everyone is friendly and supportive and there is a great atmosphere when we are in the office.
There is a wide range of knowledge and skills within the DW team. There is always someone who you go to for advice and lots of opportunities to learn and develop new skills.
Working with modern technologies and having an eye on the future, we get to build from the ground up and shape the course of data throughout the organisation.
It's good having a mixture of being in the office together and working from home. It's a nice balance between having flexibility to work around childcare etc. but also has the social aspect of being together at work and learning from each otherMain duties of the job
Educated to degree level, or with equivalent experience, the post-holder will help maintain, monitor and contribute to the ongoing development of the Data Warehouse, ensuring high availability for end users.
This will require the analysis, interpretation and resolution of highly complex problems, covering a wide range of clinical and corporate areas, at both a national and local level.
The role will involve the management of technical, often highly complex, projects and the support and mentoring of more junior staff within the team.
If you have the skills and enthusiasm to help us drive forward our Business Intelligence capabilities, then we would like to hear from you! Closing date of applications: 21 September 2023 Interview date: 5 October 2023About us
As a trusted organisation at the heart of our communities, we recognise the important role we can play in supporting the public, patients, our own people and local partners in achieving the best of health for the local population and the communities in which they live by providing Exceptional Care Together
Our fundamental Values of Compassion, Openness and Excellence underpin how we intend to work as a Trust and the associated behaviours are becoming embedded in all aspects of how we work.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development
- On-going support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond.
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key Facts about our Trust:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- We see on average 4810 OP appointments per day.
- We are the 4th busiest Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients department in England - an average of 2077 per week.
- An average of 1115 patients are seen in A& Es across our network every day - 3rd largest in the country.
- Our hospitals admit an average of 195 emergency patients daily.
- Last year we undertook almost 33,700 planned surgical operations in our 57 operating theatres.
- We are one of only 7 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres.
- We carry out more than 140 elective procedures each working day.
Please see attached Job description and Person Specification. To apply please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.Person SpecificationKnowledgeEssential
- Data Warehousing Experience
- Complex SQL
- Communication skills - documentation/written/oral
- Interfacing/data migration experience
- Experience of working with NHS data
- Complex project management experience
- Experience of balancing conflicting workloads
- Line management experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to deliver results within tight timescales
University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Derby Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.