We require suitably qualified and experienced podiatrists to come and join our existing established podiatry service.
We are looking for individuals who have the skills and attributes required to work autonomously at band 5 level.
These positions will involve treatment of high-risk patients in community clinics and in patients' own homes.
Opportunities for development into this role may be obtained if the candidate meets the entry level essential requirements detailed within the Person Specification. In order to successfully complete development into this role it will be necessary to fulfil a detailed development plan which will be designed on an individual bases, following recruitment.
A candidate successful for development will be paid a band 5. Only on completion of the development plan will the successful applicant be confirmed into the position outlined in the advertised Job Description.
If the successful candidate already meets the essential criteria of the higher banded role, they can commence as a band 6. Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will give preventative advice and guidance to patients as well as treatment for MSK conditions, nail surgery, routine care and foot ulceration (diabetic and non-diabetic).
There will also be a requirement to support and supervise other staff members.
Individuals will be supported with their continuous professional development and will have opportunities to contribute to audit.
The post is based at Bridlington hospital and the successful applicant will work primarily in the Bridlington and Driffield area, although you may be asked to travel to another area to cover an essential clinic for sickness/staff absence.About us
At CHCP, we're passionate aboutpeopleand we know that you are too, that's why we're here isn't it? We recognise that high quality care is delivered by high quality professionals who are appreciated, respected and supported, which is why we want to give all our colleagues the chance to shine.
Work with us and you'll be more than just a number. Our people are our shareholders and their thoughts and opinions are always heard at CHCP you have a real voice.
Compassion is at the heart of our business we're a team of nearly 2,500 colleagues who work together to deliverfirst-class healthcareto thousands of people living in Hull, the East Riding, Knowsley and St Helens. Local diversity demands diverse roles, that's why we have vacancies to suit everybody. No matter your role at CHCP, we'll support you to thrive.
As the 13th largest social enterprise in the UK, we're pioneering the move towards independent service delivery. Join us on our journey and help us make history.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the job description and person specification attached to this job advert for more information on the rolePerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree in Podiatry
- Current HCPC professional registration
- Postgraduate qualification in relevant specialist area or able to demonstrate equivalent level of knowledge and experience
- Basic IT Skills
- A broad understanding of relevant policy, legislation drivers and their application to clinical and service area, e.g. NICE Guidance, Falls Prevention, Mental Capacity Act, Social Inclusion
- Knowledge of podiatry models of practice, standardised assessments and their use
- Full understanding of relevant policy, legislation and guidance relevant to clinical and service area
- Full understanding/application of relevant clinical practice/standards/audit within identified clinical area
- Specialist understanding of relevant clinical practice, standards and protocols within identified clinical area.
- Evidence of undertaking audits/surveys
- Appropriate knowledge/experience of working in mental health/learning disability clinical practice areas
- Successful completion of preceptorship
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Significant demonstrable experience of working as a Podiatrist
- Evidence of sound post-registration professional practice
- Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD) relevant to the clinical area at a specialist level of care
- Experience of multi-agency/professional working
- Experience of case load management within specialist service area
- Evidence of promoting/supporting active patient/relative involvement/participation
City Health Care Partnership CICAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.