We are recruiting for a Staff Nurse who shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a Urgent Treatment Centre. We are looking for enthusiastic self - motivated trained nurses to join our friendly team. You will be working alongside our amazing Emergency Nurse Practitioners, GPs, EMTs and Reception staff, who provide urgent care in this very busy UTC. We are in a small out-patients hospital, that has a very friendly pleasant atmosphere, bright and filled with natural light. This post is for band 5 nurses who have completed triage competencies and must be willing to work with adults and children.
Our Values are I
espect, and I
mprove. It is important that you understand and refer to our values during your recruitment process and beyond!Main duties of the job
Typical duties include:
Triaging patients and gaining their trust
Planning and delivering patient care
Monitoring patient's progress
Taking samples, pulse, blood pressure, temperature, ECGs
Monitoring and administering medication
Writing nursing notes
Supervising junior staff
Organising workloadsAbout us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general & specialist services we provide & our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible & innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation our staff & patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We understand that finding and starting a new job is an important life decision. If you need reasonable adjustments for a disability, or a life event, such as menopause - so that we can consider your application fairly & to get the best out of you during the selection process, please let us know.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. Employees are entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns & we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made & considered formally, & will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification applicant pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person SpecificationPrevious ExperienceEssential
- Clinical experience within the field of acute clinical setting
- Current working knowledge and skills within acute clinical setting.
- Experience of caring for patients with minor injury / minor illness complaints.
Qualifications / TrainingEssential
- An effective communicator with attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Organisational skills
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of Trust Values and evidence of this in practice.
- Good understanding of good quality patient care and patient safety.
- Registered nurse on the NMC registers with 2 years' experience.
- Manchester Triage Trained.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of continued professional development in relevant areas of speciality
- Evidence of Mentorship / Preceptorship
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
New QEII Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.