The Gateshead Specialist Memory Hub is an Accredited service based at Bensham Hospital. We work Mon - Fri 9am-5pm to provide treatment, post diagnostic support and education for patients with dementia as well as carer support both within the Hub and in collaboration with external agencies. We also refer and signpost to other services.
Applications from Mental Health Students about to qualify will be welcomed.
We offer programmes of Cognitive Stimulation Therapy within the Hub.Main duties of the job
You will work autonomously, carrying your own caseload of patients who have been diagnosed with a dementia, providing evidence based treatment and post diagnostic support both in clinic and in patients homes. Supervise student nurses and work with all members of the multi disciplinary team. Working collaboratively with external agencies. Deliver cognitive stimulaton therapy in line with NICE guidance. Complete outcome measures. Participate in audit.About us
Based in the North East of England we provide a range of hospital and community health services from our leading facilities, including the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Blaydon urgent care centre and Bensham Hospital, all within Gateshead.
Established in 2005, we were one of the first foundation trusts in the country and since then have consistently achieved the highest levels of care for patients.
We now employ around 4,800 staff and currently provide 444 hospital beds across the Gateshead region.
Our values should be the 'golden thread' which runs through everything we do - they are the core of who we are. Our five values can easily be remembered by the simple acronymICORE Innovation, Care, Openness, Respect, Engagement.
We have a number of staff networks including the BAME network, D-Ability network, LGBTQ+ Network and the Women's Network, to challenge us and help us to constantly improve. Our armed forces network is one of our emerging networks.
The health and wellbeing of our staff is one of our highest priorities, and we offer a range of support and initiatives as part of our 'Balance' programme balancegateshead.com to cater for our diverse workforce, so that your individual needs can be supported, allowing you a happy and healthy working experience with us.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Part1 with current NMC Registration
- Diploma/ Degree in Nursing.
- Previous experience of Dementia care.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Good working knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Understanding of pre-registration curriculum.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Understanding of change management
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team working skills.
- Ability to assess. Plan, deliver and evaluate quality care.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Value people as individuals.
- Car driver.
- IT skills/knowledge appropriate to the role
- Participate in audit.
- Experience in Cognitive Stimulation Therapy
- Teaching qualification.
Knowledge, skills,training and experienceEssential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Part1 with current NMC Registration or working towards
- Diploma/ Degree in Nursing
- oPrevious experience of Dementia care.
- oAbility to work unsupervised.
- oGood working knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act.
- oExcellent communication and organisational skills.
- oUnderstanding of pre-registration curriculum.
- oEvidence of ongoing professional development.
- oUnderstanding of change management
- oHigh level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- oTeam working skills.
- oAbility to assess. Plan, deliver and evaluate quality care.
- oExcellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
- oValue people as individuals.
- oCar driver.
- oIT skills/knowledge appropriate to the role
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oParticipate in audit.
- oExperience in Cognitive Stimulation Therapy
- oTeaching qualification.
Gateshead Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.